SAU Community

VALE: Howard Marsden

Neil

Howard Marsden passed away this last Tuesday,,,This particular Gentleman was very instrumental in putting Nissan on the map in Racing in Australia and for that matter the World. I wouldn't say I knew him personally but on a number of occasions I took him to Sydney Airport after a Nissan trade show or whatever and found the Man to be not only a Gentleman but also a Genuine guy that loved his Motorsport. Skaifey,,Seton,, Fury,,Gentleman Jim and a whole lot of other motor-racing guys must be very upset right about now.

Neil.

Damn, i heard he was having a battle with cancer, but didnt hear that it got the better of him.

My understanding is that he not only did good things with Nissan, but with other manufacaturers like Ford & Mazda ??

My sympathies to those impacted by his passing.

I too was very sad to hear of Howards passing. I had the pleasure of having dinner with him one night a few years back. It was extremely interesting to talk too and always happy to have a yack with fans of is work. Cars like our GTR and Falcon GTHO and even the current Au falcon have a lot to thank Howard for.

A truly nice guy who will be missed in all motor sport circles.

Mick