SAU Community

Front Pipe And Dumps?

joeleo87

ive recently just brought a GTR yay!

Its got a cat back exhaust so im thinking first mods to get front pipes and maybe dump pipes.

at just as guess how much kws will i pick up after the dumps and fronts?

everything is stock atm apart from a mins ECU.

cheers

yeh right... never thougth about that.

im getting a bosch 040 pump to put in there this week, reason being i had to change over the fuel filter the other day and it was the factory stock filter! i weighed about 1 kilo, full of crap, so i figured its about time to change the pump as well. should i get an AFR plot before changing the pump?

Front and dumps+mo boost then dyno...then wait for the ceramics to let go after a few days, week, months whatever and then your in the club :)

Seriously I'd get the tune sorted then leave it alone...if you want to keep money in you pocket that is. Pump's a good idea though.

you'll probably find that Mine's ECU of yours is tuned to Jap petrol (102 octane most likely) and it'll be running lean. A fuel pressure regulator is probably needed, and if you're upgrading the fuel pump make sure the relay is in good order, making a full 12V at the pump. As for the turbos, its just a matter of time. I've heard of people running 14psi consistently on the ceramics with no troubles at all. Me on the other hand, as soon as I took it to the track they clapped out after the 5th lap. $10k later and its back on the road :worship:

As for the dumps, fit them when your turbos eventually blow, it wouldn't be worth the cost of labour otherwise.

When one of my ceramics let go, 13psi, I went for 2860R-5's. There are a few knowledgeable guys here who believe that destroying a ceramic is a death sentence. My engine tested fine and continues to have good oil pressure after 17K on the new turbs. Cat...what is that lol