SAU Community

Windscreen

What's with the windscreen?

I've had my 2001 V35 300GT Sedan for about 3 months now. I've noticed that at about 100kmh when it's raining (it rains a lot here in N.Z.) the water beads up and just runs off the windscreen so I don't need to use the wipers at all. At first I thought it was treated with Rain-X, but I know that needs to be re-applied frequently, and then I found this page http://history.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/01...MENT/index.html (click on the third tab) on the V35 specs which shows a picture of some glass with the water beading up.

Is this a feature of the V35? I haven't seen it on other cars. Is it common?

that dealer option is kinda rain-x but it needs to be re-applied every few years ie. every 3 years. so yours should have 'expired' in 2004, unless the previous owner in Japan re-applied it prior to the car imported here.

if not that, then thank's to the 0.27Cd low aerodynamic drag of the Skyline...

What's with the windscreen?

I've had my 2001 V35 300GT Sedan for about 3 months now. I've noticed that at about 100kmh when it's raining (it rains a lot here in N.Z.) the water beads up and just runs off the windscreen so I don't need to use the wipers at all. At first I thought it was treated with Rain-X, but I know that needs to be re-applied frequently, and then I found this page http://history.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/01...MENT/index.html (click on the third tab) on the V35 specs which shows a picture of some glass with the water beading up.

Is this a feature of the V35? I haven't seen it on other cars. Is it common?

I have noticed the same thing on a recent rainy trip with my M35. 110km/h and no need to use the wipers in really heavy rain. Love it.

Cheers

Andy