SAU Community

Godzilla Motorsport

GtrVspec

Massive thankyou to Godzilla Motorsport for finishing off my GTR today. Mark went to great lengths to get finishes off for me.

GT35 running 20psi on my RB26. Just ran 11.13 @ 125mph.

wooooot. :worship:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I saw that Michael... I think I have a photo or two there also for you...

Was sounding insane when you did the burnout... Flames popping out like a jack in the box... :worship:

oh awesome. please post!

:)

yeah, it revs out really quick and I kept getting caught on the limiter... ! oops.

made 330kw atw, but dunno about the numbers given semis and camber on the dyno. the times good so I'm happy. :)

Wanted to go to the drag day but was rostered to work :D. Will definately run mine this year coming.

Cool, just be aware their changing their rules about helmets...

They now require some different level of Australian Standards fron the 1st of Jan...

Most of us got pulled up about it on Saturday afternoon...

Its sucks too cause the helmet I took is a $1000 lid I bought for my bike only 6 months ago and its going to be useless at the drag from now on... :D

Cool, just be aware their changing their rules about helmets...

They now require some different level of Australian Standards fron the 1st of Jan...

Most of us got pulled up about it on Saturday afternoon...

Its sucks too cause the helmet I took is a $1000 lid I bought for my bike only 6 months ago and its going to be useless at the drag from now on... :(

Yeah I copped the same crap from one of them, But I cracked the shits and said how can a 3 month old $700 shoei not pass your rules... When i said that she said, oh if its a shoei it should have some snell rating or something (no idea what that is lol) which it has.... so it's fine to use at the drags :D :D

There are other certifications your helmet can have that are only found beneath the inner lining of your helmet. Look there and see if they apply. Also, bike specific helmets are made differently to car helmets.

I heard the same crap last time at willowbank....my brand new Shoei X11 worth $1100 is good enough for Chris Vermulan on a bike at 300kph but not good enough in a 12 sec car according to Willowbank staff...what a load of bullshit :P It was ok for the numnuts in his 12 sec Commy to wear Dunlop Volleys as race shoes on the same day. They didnt say boo to him but I got picked up on my helmet.

Back on topic...Mark at Godzilla is the best...the only guy to see

Edited by gtr660hp

Back on topic...Mark at Godzilla is the best...the only guy to see

:P I was just thinking while reading your post that maybe we should get back to the topic at hand soon...

Yeah we finished off my LS2 edit today, we had nice gains through the rev range and keep it safe...

She is a bit better off for fuel now also, so the cost of the tune will pay it self back within a month or two...

• 4 weeks later...

My car just came back from godzilla, have only driven it home so far in the heat and the traffic but it seems to be much much healthier, much stronger and much happier then when it drove in. Some mechanical problems were found on the dyno and fixed there and this may account somewhat for this, but both their mechanical work and their tune seem to be A-grade, the car is running very nicely indeed.

Their easily the most knowledgeable and professional workshop that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with, and Mark seems to actually care about his reputation as opposed to some um, other, workshops. Mark takes pride in his work and customer satisfaction seems to defiantly matter to him, so I will certainly be going back there next time I need a workshop. He has implanted a few ideas in my head as to what the next step for my car should be and ill probably start pursuing this.

Only shame is its a 35 min drive from my house, but its quite certainly worth it. He has cars coming from all over the country so in the grand scheme of things I have it much better then some.

A++ in my opinion. You'd be at a loss not to at least check him out if you need work done.