SAU Community

Dvd Help

vinnie32GTS4

hey guys..not really game related but i couldnt think of anywhere else to put this.

I want to buy the Chappelle's Show Series 1,2 and lost episodes box set off ebay but the dvds are for a region 1.

What im asking is does any one know if the dvd players in computers are region restricted or are they region free??

cheers for ya help :(

hey guys..not really game related but i couldnt think of anywhere else to put this.

I want to buy the Chappelle's Show Series 1,2 and lost episodes box set off ebay but the dvds are for a region 1.

What im asking is does any one know if the dvd players in computers are region restricted or are they region free??

cheers for ya help :wave:

DVD ROMS/burners won't be region free. Windows usually allows you to change the region on your drive 4 times before it sticks to the 5th region (i.e. you play a region 1, then 2, then 1, then 2, then 1...then it will stick to region 1 forever). I'm not too sure if you format windows it resets itself.

However there are 2 ways in overcoming regions on dvd roms/burners

1. Hardware/firmware changes. This can be found here http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php[\url]. Technically its not illegal but you do void warranty and must be done at your own risk.

2. Software. There are some apps (AnyDVD come to mind) which resets the software to a specific region and can be used infinite times. These apps aren't free but i'm sure there are version which can be found on torrents.

2. Software. There are some apps (AnyDVD come to mind) which resets the software to a specific region and can be used infinite times. These apps aren't free but i'm sure there are version which can be found on torrents.

Another is DVD region free, I got a copy of the program & can sent it to you if you want (its only ~2mb), pm me your email if you want it. :wave:

You basically just run the program in the background & your dvd drive will be "seen" as region free.