SAU Community

R35 Gtr Now Officially Available?

RS4StagMan

I picked up the current issue of "unique cars" magazine yesterday (issue 289) and there on P116 I see an ad for the new GTR with heading:

" 2008 NISSAN GT-R IS NOW OFFICIALLY AVALAIBLE. International Motor group has secured supply of a limited number of brand new model Nissan GT-R's."

Then reading further down the page;

" .....All vehicles supplied include compliance with ADR's, warranty and road registration. A range of colours and specifications are available. Get in fast, numbers are strictly limited"

www.internationalmotorgroup.com.au based in NSW.

Is this correct? Thoughts guys?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like false advertising to me personally. You cant claim to have something that quite simply, you do not.

Considering you cant get the registered yet, and if Nissan are indeed true to their word of March 2009

No GTR will be.

To find out who is telling the truth which is no one these days, this link RVCS Certification Unit Search will allow you to do a search when they or any new car is approved and some cars are listed before approval date.

Just use MA in Category and then search, New Full Volume and New Low Volume will be listed, little chance a car will be plated before it is listed here, they are still having emission problems with one or two of the R35's.

Sounds like false advertising to me personally. You cant claim to have something that quite simply, you do not.

Well "false advertising" seems to be the name of the game lately when it comes to new cars being approved or not.

they certainly look very professional though I was a bit surprised to see them advertise:

2006 TOYOTA RAV4 CV ACA33R

2006 NISSAN X-TRAIL ST T30 II MY06

2006 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER LS ZF MY06

2006 SUZUKI GRAND VITARA JLX JB

2006 HONDA CR-V Extra MY2005

and I was even more surprised when all those ads had the same car picture? eh? and more surprised still when the car under those adds turned out to be a daihatsu, though they still say:

This is the made in Japan baby RAV; Toyota Rush / Daihatsu Be-go. that is a bit borderline on section 52. I would have been far more supportive if say they advertised "daihatsu be-go" and then in the ad state it's a viable alternative to a RAV 4 or whatever.

According to one of the guys there, the approval has gone through and they expect the official documents to be available by Monday next week. They will only be selling brand new R35's at $175k a pop.

yep

IMG have been trying to get this sorted for a long time

great guys with great cars they only bring in the best

ive seen two of the GTRs they brought in, still had plastic on em

I can confirm that too, i went there a few weeks back to check out their V35 stocks and saw 2 R35 GTRs in the workshop in plastic! !!!!!! :P

great guys tho the price is abit high but i guess because they only importing good cars.

I spoke to them this afternoon.

This is what they confirmed;

1. Budget price will be $175K + onroads if they buy on your behalf, require $5K deposit upfront. These are brand new with delivery kms only (under 100kms).

2. Availability is white and black sourced from a dealer Japan in about 8 weeks. In any other colour should take another 2 weeks to source.

3. If you are prepared to buy in your own name only, can source them at about $20K less (LCT not applicable?)

4. 2 spec levels available- Midrange (Black Edition) and Premium. Base model they are not bothering with. The premium has the following extra over the midrange model;- heated setas, Bose sound system, upgraded security, no red stripe around leather seats (midrange model gets red stitching around leather seats).

5. Premium model is about $5K more than midrange model

6. Warranty 12 months, 20,000 km. Not covered are if car is used on track or if the "launch control" is used even once.

7. They personally will comply them.

8. All cars will be fitted with an ADR compliance plate (not SEVS or other).

9. Only allowed to bring in 25 max per year

Official approval has not been granted yet (only verbal), however they expect paperwork to be recieved by their office early next week.

So it looks like we will get some R35 GTR's on the roads after all- But not from Nissan Australia!

Luxury Car Tax will apply at the port at time of entry if private import and when the car is brought in by a dealer who can quote an ABN it is paid on top of the list price unless other wise stated.

The would have to be SEVS complied under new vehicles low volume.

One more emissions test means precisely nothing. There have been workshops with every single test completed for months and GT-Rs since EARLY this year and still the government drags their feet. This amounts to nothing until they have cars plated. These workshops have also been promised by DOTARS that everything is great, no problems.

Where are the plates then? Nowhere!

:domokun: Until I see a car with a compliance plate and number plates (legitimately) on it, I call BS.

Methinks IMG had to make the call back when when the cut-off date came for advertising in Unique Cars, and they decided to go for it, forgetting how slowly Canberra can make things happen when they choose to.

Edited by Iron Chef

At $175,000 plus on road costs as stated if bought from a dealer locally (most expensive in country for stamp duty) it will end up around $221,738.10 but $4,000 to $5,000 less in other states, if bought for $160,000 it would be $201,263.10.

Vehicle $175,000.00

LCT is $35363.10

Stamp Duty is $11375.00

Total price is $221,738.10

US basic coverage warranty is 36 month and 36,000 miles so hopefully Nissan Australia will offer the same deal.

Well it's a lot!!!

Especially when you consider you basically don't get warranty (unless you basically don't use the car!) or any factory backing, everything is in Japanese, things like Sat Nav and the radio don't work and all just to potentially get a car at best 3 months before you should be able to get one with everything working for $50K+ cheaper.

Makes no sense at all.