SAU Community

What car 2 buy?

dale

sup all jus turned 17 in da market for a new car

im lookin to spend around 30-40k (i worked faw my own money) but i got probz with rents they seam to only wana get me sumthin they would drive :) so basically they only drive newer model cars. ive been trying for a 98 onwards skyline but i cant get insurance for under 3k anywhere. i also been tryin 200sx's but no insurance there either

basically ive got a small list here with possible insurance places 2 get from and i was wondering wat u people reckon i do

TOP CHOICES

-skyline (insurance hard and a newer model hard 2 find)

-200sx (no insurance anywhere)

2ND CHOICES

-integra type R 2003 (insurance but i dun like da looks 2 much)

-astra SRI turbo (ugly but turbo?)

REJECTS

-mazda 6 but no power

-golf GTi meh

if u got any suggestions for 2003 new cars up to 40k or some new second hand cars that i could get insurance please help me out here thanks heaps

ps i kno its a lot of money for a first car but im gona go all out from the begining i dont have patience to waste time with sum slow ass shit no flaming plz but thaz jus how i feel

gime a shout on my msn if u got real helpful info i liv in sydney thanks ->>> [email protected] :burnout:

first time ive ever got some decent advice thanks boys keep em commin in, umm golf GTi's if i get new suspension wouldnt that make my insurance premiums go a shitload higher?

also any people with skylines who are 17 or 18 please let me know how u got insurance etc i wana get a 2.5L non turbo

lol last nite i had a dream i test drove the astra sri turbo it wasnt that good :burnout:

looks like you'll have to get a cheaper, older model $20,000 car and keep $20,000 - for your own insurance fund: It even covers buying another one if you smash it so bad you write it off, ie. more than $10,000 damage.

If you do smash this bad then sell the car parts.

Average damage from a moderate (fairly substantial front end collision accident according to NRMA research is $3500 to $4500

So this is what you are likely to pay.

Insurance is overpriced!

just pay $211 bucks for third party property damage insurance, so you don't have to pay for the ferrari you smashed into.

try to drive safe.

If you saved paying insurance of $3000 a year up for 7 years without an at fault accident you will have saved $21,000 enough to buy another car!

... you get the idea.

Went to a Renault dealer yesterday (after alonso took his maiden win!) and asked about the clio V6. Good news is that upper managerment is thinking about bringing it out here.

Bad news is that it's that much of a weapon that insurance will be prohibitive for under 25 drivers, and even worse if a 60k+ price tag. Maybe out here early next year to mid next year if it is given the go ahead.

i 100% agree wif Edge, as im turning 18 in 2 months and hav bout 20G to spend, insurance wif just cars for a r33 gtst was 3500, which to me aint worth it, maybe for the first year of driving but thats it. if u hav a good alarm setup and r careful on the road i can almost garuntee that if u do hav an accident it wont b ur fault. put 4000 in the bank every yr just incase u hav an accident. thats my plan, ill get 3rd party F&T. i mean if u hav full comp and u dont hav an accident congrats, but u just got raped 4G. everyone is different though and if u want more peace of mind then full comp is gonna get it.