SAU Community

Nissan Gt Gt-r Is Approved Under Sevs, 2 Seater Only.

excellent. well done to GT Compliance p/l whoever they really are :)

seems that nissans vigorous lobbying and their their lowlife, underhand attacks on people bringing in race/rally cars have not paid off. all they ever had to do was support the enthusiasts who wanted their car.

I'm sure every plate will be sold for these cars :D

snuck it in well before march, interesting....

Are you talking about the 18 month rule for RAWS as March has nothing to do with approval of new vehicles, Nissan need to release before March 2009 stopping RAWS.

^^They can start now, but only as new cars (less than 300km on the odometer) and only until Nissan release them locally. In other words, there are gonna be a lot of people spending a lot of money in the next few months...

having had a good look back there...you certainly wouldn't let anyone you like into the back....

BTW for those with short memories there were parallel imports of the r32 before nissan released that as well. sold by scuderia veloce, the one I drove was #001 just a plain old 89 gtr. only a handful made it in before nissan shut them down.

nissan clearly haven't learned their lessons, and with any luck they will stumble over the 18 month rule which prevents second hand imports too. I can't get my head around why cars have such anti-competitive restrictions on sales.

I spoke to Nissan on the weekend. Their deliveries start in Feb (5 cars per dealer per month).

So there is a small window of opportunities for imports.

But they still don't make sense given the price. Nissan quoted me $145K drive away compared to $200K+ for an imported one.

I got this email from Prestige Motorsport...........

On 15th August 2008 two workshops were approved to comply the R35 GTR. A third workshop is expected to be approved within a matter of weeks. There are restrictions however. Each workshop can only comply 25 vehicles per year and will only accept new vehicles bought direct from Nissan Japan (nothing from auction even though it is still as new with only delivery kms). Nissan Australia are also pursuing full volume compliance at the moment (to sell the R35 GTR new in Aust.) and could get through at any time. Once this happens the workshops will then be limited to new vehicles manufactured before the date Nissan Aust. was approved. Clearly, new GTR's meeting the build date criteria will only be available for a relatively short time and over time will cease to be available at all. So this should be seen as a very limited window of opportunity. If you are serious about importing one of these supercars and have the funds available then we strongly encourage you to act immediately to avoid missing out. We have had a lot of enquiries about this model already but few are serious -- please DO NOT contact us unless you are serious about buying. The exchange rate at the time of purchase will impact quite a lot on the final price. But as a guide the price for a new R35 GTR including LCT is expected to start from about $135,000 complied, plus tyres and ORC's for a base model. Special up-spec models would cost approx. $10,000 to $20,000 more. Please note that we have access to cancelled orders for new cars through contacts at Nissan Japan so if you are flexible on specs we can get hold of new R35 GTR's right away, avoiding the approx. 5 month waiting period. _______________________________________________________________________________ To remove an e-mail address from this mailing list please follow the simple instructions provided on any mailing list update. To add an e-mail address please use the link on our website. We only wish to send this information to those willing to receive it. We do not condone spamming or the sending of unwanted e-mail. Our apologies in advance if this e-mail is unwanted. Regards

Geoff Risbey

Manager

Prestige Motorsport

0418 944 253www.prestigemotorsport.com.auAt your service Mon to Fri from 9am to 5pm WST, and Sat from 9am to 3pm WSTDL14688

I got this email

But as a guide the price for a new R35 GTR including LCT is expected to start from about $135,000 complied, plus tyres and ORC's for a base model.

People would have to be smoking something quite strong or having a good dream if they think you will get a R35 for this price landed, complied and including LCT (alone it is $30,000). Prices for various imports get quoted but to date none of the high end cars have come in any were close to it, plates still have to be available to be offered for sale.

Link to Japan Vehicles who list 3 FOB prices for the R35 GTR, if people had any idea what it cost's to register and then de-register a car for export they would know the list price Nissan Japan quote means nothing.

Also why they quote new tyres as an expense shows just how little they know as you don't have to change them under the New Vehicle scheme and I don't think Nissan would fit tyres they could not use world wide.

agreed. no way are you getting an R35 on road for $35 unless compliance is free!

people always quote say $80K for a car in japan but they are just quoting rubbish figures from brochures. that is not FOB, nissan wont sell you a car without rego, or 5% sales tax, plus an agent is not going to do all that work for free. and he/she needs to have a parking space to register it to etc which is all checked carefully. then you need to factor 10% GST, 10% duty and LCT on the portion over $57K (and don't even think of trying to write down the value, customs are not stupid and will be on your ass!). then you need to comply it and any compliance shop charging less than about $18K for compliance is really doing themselves a dis-service as there has been a lot of dough invested in getting compliance by those shops that have done it and they have little opportunity to get that money back.

this is coming from someone who has imported 2 already so I know every cost down to the last yen.

I don't know for certain what a road registered R35 will cost in total but I would guess it's closer to $160K than $135K. as for nissan's $145K I'll be surprised if they really are $145K drive away. but if they are then I reckon that's pretty fairly priced and will hopefully sell quite well.

People complained about the limited warranty a dealer offers with the R35 so if you can afford one you would have a few screws loose private importing just to save a few grand unless you intend to race it, their is no way in hell the savings of private import would be worth while when something goes wrong "not if something goes wrong".

But don't listen to people like Beer Baron who has imported more R35 GTR's then years some of you have been out of school or off your P plates, listen to someone who has no idea what they are talking about and just seems to make comments about anything to get their post counter higher.

Also Customs are now making people prove the car is new at time of export.