SAU Community

Nissan Gt Gt-r Is Approved Under Sevs, 2 Seater Only.

No-one's approached me about getting an R35, and to be honest, I'm not upset about it - for the amount of work it takes to get one in, it's worth more in effort and drama than I'm charging for my broker's fee, that for sure.

But don't listen to people like Beer Baron who has imported more R35 GTR's then years some of you have been out of school or off your P plates, listen to someone who has no idea what they are talking about and just seems to make comments about anything to get their post counter higher.

MMMMM I hope this coment is not directed at me. :(

No-one's approached me about getting an R35, and to be honest, I'm not upset about it - for the amount of work it takes to get one in, it's worth more in effort and drama than I'm charging for my broker's fee, that for sure.

I agree with that too. there is no pot of gold under the R35 that's for sure. all the people I know (including my good self) involved in exporting/importing/compliance etc of R35s are doing it because they are really excited about the R35 and wanted to get some out here asap. they certainly wont be getting rich off it.

and as Driftt pointed out the facts are that no one buying one will be doing it to save money. they will be buying an import purely because it's currently the only way to get one right now in aus. those willing to speculate and wait on nissan will be able to get one around the same money, but they will be waiting a fair whack longer. that's the big difference. and for some that is a very strong case for buying an import to get one right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think I MAY have a pic of the first registered one?

Was out the front of a swanky hotel (in valet parking area) here in Wollongong on the weekend.

gallery_8001_314_263211.jpg

I'm not going to say that it IS defiantely the first one, but looked very legit, i.e. no evidence of it arriving in any other fashion other than driving on the road with those registered plates.

you are spot on mate. and yes it is legit. and yes to the best of my knowledge it is/was the first. and the plates will give you a big clue as to who complied it. :D

I knew you would come through with the goods.

I thought I would hide it in this thread so that I didn't get castrated suggesting it was the first in a new topic.

Novotel at the beach?

yeah

Well I think I MAY have a pic of the first registered one?

Was out the front of a swanky hotel (in valet parking area) here in Wollongong on the weekend.

gallery_8001_314_263211.jpg

I'm not going to say that it IS defiantely the first one, but looked very legit, i.e. no evidence of it arriving in any other fashion other than driving on the road with those registered plates.

yep, this is the car that Willall Racing/Keir Wilson bought - it is currently here in Adelaide (arrived this morning). I sat in it this arvo and got some nice pics too.

My Post

• 3 weeks later...