SAU Community

Buying A Privite Used Car?

hi peoples, im planning to buy a sportivo corolla tommorow, i know i have to call up vicroad to see if the car is clean. If the car is still on finance what should i do, is it a risk buying if the car still on finance?

Thanks Tam

dont do it.

if you do. write the cheque out to his finance company. do not write it out to him.

ook kool, so i must talk to the seller about it then. any other advise?

ook kool, so i must talk to the seller about it then. any other advise?

So assuming that the car is a great deal but still under finance, you can make arrangements to go with him to the Finance Co/Bank when they open on Monday so that

i) you get a final statement of how much is still owing, and then if they'll clear the debt with your bank chq, and give you a written clearance, you then furnish them with that chq and...

ii) give another bank chq to the vendor for the balance of the agreed price and get a receipt from him/her as well; but also saying that there are no other encumberances.

The maximum (refundable) deposit that you hand over tomorrow could be $100 (to lock the deal up 'as a contractual agreement') & then he/she must give you a receipt to say that + what the balance will be on Monday. If he/she dithers beyond Monday, then you can take the option of getting your $100 back.

How does that sound?

Cheers, T

PS Best of luck