SAU Community

Adjusing Damper

i know this sounds like a simple sorta thing but got me confused.

i got hks hyper max coil overs. i want to adjust the damper on them as i installed them today but they are like a rock. i know this is stupid but to adjust the softness of the damper there is a small knob on the base of the coilovers and the top adjustment.

do i turn the small knob or top? which controls it? anti clockwise for softer, clockwise for harder?

any help would be appreciated

daniel

the knob on the bottom is just a cap that covers the valve used to gas the shocks. if your shocks do have the damper adjustment on the top then clockwise will make it stiffer. :)

thanks mate. ill fix that up tomoz when i get up. i only did them b4 coz didnt en up going out tonight so got bored and did the coils instead of tomoz.

Hey guys I have a similar question. I bought my car with Tein suspension already installed. No idea what series it is, but the ride is bloody stiff. Anyway I went to adjust the suspension to make it softer, and I noticed that one top hat in the front has a little knob that clicks when turned, but the rest of the top hats don't. Should all the top hats have this feature? Is that what adjusts the suspension? Any help would be appreciated.

1 other question, the rear strut. is the top gold hex bar just a fine tuning mechanism or something else? as the front ones dont have it, im a bit confused???

Edited by cheez