SAU Community

N1 Pumps Vs Nismo Pumps

GTRsean

Still got me stumped!! I might get NDI to test the gear for cracks and might use it if I rebuild the eng again!

Haven't seen anything like it before, 85mm outer gear dia, nothing similar I have searched. It was sold to me second hand as an N1 pump....

Alloy pressure relief valve plug, not anodised.

Oil pressure outlet is cast smooth, not drilled and machined out and plugged.

If anyone knows the type or who made it please let me know!!

85x12mm Gears....and was sold to you as a 'Used N1 Pump'......

I think what you have there my friend might be EXACTLY THAT......A REAL Group N or N1 Race Pump from Reimax (Oldsckool Reinik Pump?), not the 'N1' Pump from Nissan.

Easy to see how someone could get confused maybe ? (seller)

Looks like you struck gold with that one.......

Also, you say 'looks like a thin-drive crank was used on it'.......?

Probably a dead givaway that it was an Early BNR32 Race Pump before the crankshaft change :huh:

Share pics of the FRONT of it please.

Edited by JD74

The newer Reimax pump, still 85x12mm.....still has unmachined/smooth inlet/outlet......not machined then plugged. Yours may look like it WITHOUT LOGO/NAME ?

3791064180_9876a9eb57.jpg

What a SCORE !

I hope the person that sold it to you, sold it cheap.......and is reading this now :thumbsup:

THAT is truly a piece of RB history......and probably has enough life left in it to make it out for round 2 for a little more history making......lol

I wonder if the backside stamp '03' means Pump#3 off the assembly line ?

Well, Good Job !

Now Oil it up nicely before you put the cover back on, Locktite (or whatever brand you use) the screws on the backplate before you tighten them.....and get it ready for the new motor.

Edited by JD74

Ha ha. The pump cost me $250 roughly a couple of years back. I'm going to get the inner gear crack tested and reassemble.

I built my eng near the end of last year with forged bits http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/En...&hl=rebuild but, I don't mind pulling it apart to do a few other little things...like fit this pump, sump baffle, sump extension, extra sump vent line, replace and gap top rings to factory specs etc.