SAU Community

L24: Setting Points

Tried to do a search but kept getting this message:

Erreur Sphinx : connection to localhost:3312 failed

Merci de contacter un Administrateur !

Anyway just bought a C210 with L24, giving it a good service, and was wondering what gap the points have to be set to? And any other random tips/pointers you might have when it comes to these sexy old beasts. For example wha oil is best for them. Was thinking a 20W-50? Thanks.

GET AN ELECTRONIC DISSY CONVERSION DUDE!!!

and that oil may be too thin for a 30 year old car, may seem out the gaskets....

congrats on the purchase though, very hard to get these days

I have some genie extractors here in melb if your interested

GET AN ELECTRONIC DISSY CONVERSION DUDE!!!

and that oil may be too thin for a 30 year old car, may seem out the gaskets....

congrats on the purchase though, very hard to get these days

I have some genie extractors here in melb if your interested

Yeah I would definitely rather get an elec dizzy but where from? Are they hard to get? Anyone make them new?

Mmm extractors. PM me with a pic and price.

Yeah I would definitely rather get an elec dizzy but where from? Are they hard to get? Anyone make them new?

Mmm extractors. PM me with a pic and price.

Find a MR30 ('83-85 ish) with a L24e in it, grab the dissy, including the spacer bit (the bit between dissy and timing cover)

very easy to connect.

Nigel

And while I'm getting such quick replies, what is standard ignition timing, what intervals in degrees are the timing marks, and do I set it with the vac advance on the distributor attached or off?

The lame questions will stop as soon as I get a service manual I promise!

You can poach the electric distributor out of a 280zx.

Also, I hear you can use a 4 cylinder Datsun Bluebird series 2 Bosch distributor, with a Bosch 6 cyl distributor cap (for holden or ford). Don't forget to grab the coil too. cheap and cunning way to go electric.

Got a pic of your car?

• 2 weeks later...
You can poach the electric distributor out of a 280zx.

Also, I hear you can use a 4 cylinder Datsun Bluebird series 2 Bosch distributor, with a Bosch 6 cyl distributor cap (for holden or ford). Don't forget to grab the coil too. cheap and cunning way to go electric.

Got a pic of your car?

These are the two images that were on carsales that won my heart. LOL. I'll take more soon. The interior is immaculate. Carpet looks brand new!

Picked up an R30 distributor and coil for $50 today. Cheering!

I'm after a drivers side rear bumper end too if anyone has one spare...

4182185ss8.jpg

4182093nr3.jpg

Edited by VLTWagz

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap that thing is mint! What a score.

Ill post you up a bumper end as soon as I dig one up. $25 posted?

As for the wheels - don't know about offset etc, but you can go up to a 205/55/r15 tyre on a 15 inch rim without doing any modifications. All the datsun 4 stud wheels fit - from Z cars all the way to the 15 inch r31s and TRXs. I think there are some early 4 stud toyota wheels that fit too.

If you want to sell the factory wheels, plastic louvre or any of the other original bits please let me know. I can always find a home for them.

Also your front bumper looks like its sitting to close to the grill. Loosen the 2 monster bolts in the engine bay and slide it forward an inch and it'll look like it just rolled off a production line! Also I'd be filling those glorious doors with fish oil pronto, they are prone to rust!

• 9 months later...

hey where can i get front bumper ends in vic for n 81 mgc210 maby even a whole new bumper, and wish i new about the fish oil sooner may need a new door or 4 lol, also any 1 no where i can find decent extracktors?

I have a parts car in Campbellfeild Vic. Its pretty rusty, but should have some useful bits, like the bumper ends etc. I might have some doors that, while not perfect, might be better than yours.

hey where can i get front bumper ends in vic for n 81 mgc210 maby even a whole new bumper, and wish i new about the fish oil sooner may need a new door or 4 lol, also any 1 no where i can find decent extracktors?

Cheapest I found new were HiTech Headers part# HTH065, $340 from bestmufflers.com in Sydney. What city are you in? They occasionally pop up on eBay from $50.

I have a parts car in Campbellfeild Vic. Its pretty rusty, but should have some useful bits, like the bumper ends etc. I might have some doors that, while not perfect, might be better than yours.

verry interested i could probably rattle off a whole list of parts i need if i botherd to think i definitly need front bumper ends a left hand low beam headlight and a right hand tail light-does any one know if the gt headlights were any different?

Cheapest I found new were HiTech Headers part# HTH065, $340 from bestmufflers.com in Sydney. What city are you in? They occasionally pop up on eBay from $50.

healesville victoria, i was looking for a set of genies but cant view there catalogue for some reason

hey mark, how are ya?

you have extractors already champ. change the exhaust from the collector, and match the size of the collector right through

how did the carb go?

Edited by NightMonkeyII

hey mark, how are ya?

you have extractors already champ. change the exhaust from the collector, and match the size of the collector right through

how did the carb go?

goood thanks mate, my entire exhaust including the headers is too rusty to bother keeping, carb? mines an 81 with an l24e no carb maby ur thinking the other mark, any ideas i can get or information on these cars would b greatly apreciated