SAU Community

Gtr Diffs Electrical Or Mechanical?

datto101

Gday Guys

im thinking about buying a skyline pretty soon but im not to sure if i should buy a GTR or a GTS-t. I was talking to a friend and he said that the GTR diffs are electrical and u can re wire them so the car can be rear wheel drive. is this true or total crap?

Cheers Andy :P

u can get a torque split converter the run the rear wheel drive only, commonly used on gtr drag cars to perform burnouts, then switch back to awd to launch. buy a gtr

Oh wicked, how easy is it to get torque split converter? thanks for your help 2BNVS

Andy

Rustic engineering sells torque split controllers, I don't think my spelling is right, they were doing a group buy at one point.

I think the alias was Lunatikk or similar.

Anyway, R33 / R34's cannot be run in RWD only mode for long as there is always some engagement of the front wheels...R32's don't have an issue with using RWD.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i got a 32 gtr all you have to do is pop the fuse out in ya engine bay and shazaam RWD. if ya into it its perfect gtr's smoke the crap out of tyres through 1st and 2nd in basically stock form. much better in AWD though grip is the way. what better car to smoke the 5.0litre boys!