SAU Community

V8 R32

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Boss V8s have me scratching my head. AT 6000rpm the piston speed is something like 5m/s off the piston speed of a F1 engine. And maybe the heads are off the Jag, but its not the same engine, the block is out of a sports utility/truck

The stroke is just too long (its a truck engine after all) to rev hard. That said a blower would be nice.

Id say they are awfully expensive and an unknown quantity as far as width which might eliminate the possibility of turbocharging.

I doubt you will see many turbo Boss BA Falcons getting around, if you want to change the headers you have to remove the engine.. its that tight a fit so i dont know where the turbos will go.

Reality check guys why would you even think about the motors youre talking about when the legal, nissan made, realistically priced, far superior in build quality,power output,cost of modifying to achieve awesome HP and fitting ease is available ? The only thing better than 1 Q45 is 2Q45 now i could put the other in the boot and have a 2000HP 4 wheel drive ?????????

Andy32; maybe you dont have any idea about the lt1 or l98 engine but it is extremmly easy 2 get 1000rwhp with a singel turbo setup.

Their is also alot of displacment setting 2 choose from and i remember someone telling me that "cubic inch wins races"

but then again i dont know much about the Q45, so i can't say the l98 or lt1 would be cheaper ect.

This better not getting into a my engines bigger then yours...

You guys rock, i love thinking outside the square. Love to see the car when she's getting closer andy, give some of those v8 boys at the drags a wake up call....Maybe a 150 shot of N20 might go the trick :(

Mork calling Orsen, if you haaaave read the regs with turbo 3750cc without 4500cc ,how do the chev and ford motors fit these specs find out about the Q45 and you wwwill run to the bathroom and wash your mouth out mentioning holden and ford and Q45 in the same message.PS note the caps.

ahaha chevy isnt holden, im sorry but the l98 and lt1, lt4, lt5 have NEVER been in a HOLDEN (YAY!! holden r crap!!!!).

All i wanna know if it will be LEGAL, cuz i might just go out and look for a r33 without an engine

I will take this over any v8 engine :uh-huh: :uh-huh:

engine_top_left.jpg

ttsbc427_dyno1.jpg

TT SETUP:uh-huh: :uh-huh:

Not 100 percent sure here guys but i was of the impression that two of the reasons we all love skylines is that they actually stop and handle nicely. I thought the Q45 was a good idea,(good power, reasonable weight) but surely there would be much more expense involved in the brake and suspension set up if you were to throw a chev in the engine bay. Unless of course you only want to go straight. One other thought i had was that, I for one have moved from Fords/Chevys to imports because of the more advanced design and reliability of the japanese motors and management systems. My opinion : Go hard with the jap v8s forget about the others, they suit the Falcadores better.

Now thats off my chest i can go to work :)

Cheers

Gary

^^^u said it dude, i know that it would cost alot more with a heavy chev in it, but we all dream about things, and i would do it in the drop of a hat if there was nothing to comprimise, but as it stands the the Q45 engine would be awesome, i have more than 50kg's or stereo in the boot so in a rough dodgy sort of way it kinda evens out, And i cannon on either side of my rear bumper seating at the lights burbling away, im not sure people would no what to think.

ANDY;

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW HOW VERSATILE THE Q45 ENGINE IS I KNW THIS GUY IN SYDNEY WHOS GOT A SHORT WHEEL BASE 300ZX WITH A TWIN TURBO Q45 IN IT. I THINK IT CALLED A 300ZX GT OR THE LIKE. APPARENTLY HE GOT THE CAR FROM AN IMPORTER ON THE NORTH SIDE WHO GOT IT IN FROM JAPAN AS A STOLEN AND RECOVERED. THERE IS SOPPOSED TO BE A COMPANY IN JAPAN DOING THE CONVERSIONS. NOW IF THEY CAN GET THAT MOTOR INTO THAT ENGINE BAY I THINK YOU COULD FIT ONE IN JUST ABOUT ANYTHING.

The 300ZX despite being a cramped engine bay was designed for the width of a quad cam V6, whilst the R32 for a SOHC-DOHC inline 6 cyl.

What that means when you break out the tape measure i dont know but i suspect for width the 300ZX has a bit more space then an R32.

How did he get the twin turbo VH45 300ZX complianced, or is it a race/rally rego import?

Roy I am hoping for min. 550hp that 300z must be quiteeee a weopon I also wonder how he got it complied and registered I have never heard of it being done I have two mates who go to japan every couple of months and are right into performance so I will get them to check it out.Funny about the weight as the body hasnt dropped much if at all compared to the turbo 6 it actually had an rb25 in the car before,but the weight is actually sitting further back compared to the 6 now.

Birty, I dont have exact figures, but i can get hold of them from my mate whos doing a v8 silvia conversion. His research concluded that the VH41DE (not the more recent 45) is merely 50kg heavier than the CA18DET. The RB is clearly heavier than the CA so im guessing the VH might be well under.

Red17