SAU Community

Hi

I am thinking of getting some gear from Japan and bring it over in a container. just wondering on the cost of hiring or buying a container in Japan (probably a 20ft.) and then shipping to Sydney, whats cost approx. in doing so?

If anyone has any ideas or even experiance in doing this please tell me how u got on?

Cheers

Adam

Hi

I am thinking of getting some gear from Japan and bring it over in a container. just wondering on the cost of hiring or buying a container in Japan (probably a 20ft.) and then shipping to Sydney, whats cost approx. in doing so?

If anyone has any ideas or even experiance in doing this please tell me how u got on?

Cheers

Adam

I just imported a car with a container, and it came to $1700, but there are a PILE of other charges relating to

getting the container off the ship, getting it unpacked, etc etc. The $1700 was via Hong Kong, and took about

twice as long as direct, which would have been a good deal more. It went to brisbane but I doubt sydney was

any different.

I'm going to post another topic with full details on the time line, costs, and so on, so look out for it.

• 5 weeks later...