SAU Community

Back From Japan

maximumrpm

hey all

just got back from japan last week and saw a few r35 gtrs over there. Most were in outer osaka and saw one in tokyo too. Didnt see any in the nissan show rooms at all :)

ive attached a pic of one i saw in shinsubushi area

Is that anywhere near Shinsaibashi?? lol

I am leaving Tokyo this evening, and I did just alittle better....

I actually took this Black Premium edition for a spin :):)

It`s been said a thousand times already and having owned prior generation GTR`s from the R32 to the R34. what Nissan have created with this car is not a new model...it truly is a new benchmark...

What really amazes me about the R35 is how un-photogenic it is...... I think its looks fairly average in the thousands of pictures we see day in, day out - Let me tell you guys, the car in the flesh is astonishing...and the sound of it...its honestly comparable to the RAW sound of a Ferrari 360.........as for the performance...well...that needs another thread :(

Enjoy

post-26639-1219467115_thumb.jpg

post-26639-1219467234_thumb.jpg

I am leaving Tokyo this evening, and I did just alittle better....

I actually took this Black Premium edition for a spin :):D

It`s been said a thousand times already and having owned prior generation GTR`s from the R32 to the R34. what Nissan have created with this car is not a new model...it truly is a new benchmark...

What really amazes me about the R35 is how un-photogenic it is...... I think its looks fairly average in the thousands of pictures we see day in, day out - Let me tell you guys, the car in the flesh is astonishing...and the sound of it...its honestly comparable to the RAW sound of a Ferrari 360.........as for the performance...well...that needs another thread :rolleyes:

Enjoy

Sorry to come across as sceptical but the rental place ( which i can tell it is from the photos ) just let you loose in the R35 with an international license...?

On another note, the car doesnt sound anything like a ferrari.

There is afaik only one rental place in tokyo that lends the R35 and you have to be a platinum member and have held a Japanese license for a few years...

Sorry to come across as sceptical but the rental place ( which i can tell it is from the photos ) just let you loose in the R35 with an international license...?

On another note, the car doesnt sound anything like a ferrari.

There is afaik only one rental place in tokyo that lends the R35 and you have to be a platinum member and have held a Japanese license for a few years...

NO...IT IS NOT A RENTAL PLACE - it is in fact the rooftop of the Nissan Dealership of Nissan Tsumada, in Kanagawa-Ken, just off Route 129 - no need to draw conclusions without foundation. I have better things to do in life than to pull people's legs and 'claim' that I have driven one without having done so. Like I said, the rawness of the engine IN MY EYES has a rawness comparable to a Ferrari - if you feel otherwise, good for you. I didn't just turn up to a Nissan dealership and demand a test drive - having lived in Japan for over 3 years some time ago, and with a current business partner who is a close associate of the owner of that dealership, it wasn't a difficult request to ask. Next time, keep your sceptical BS to yourself.

Adam obviously didn't see the "Nissan High Performance Center" badge on the staffs overalls in the 2nd pic :(

Thats what i thought it was a first glance.

I wasnt expecting scepticism to be met with such vehemence, lol.

Everyone knows i made up all those stories anyway. :(

I went to Jamboree at Willowbank raceway on the weekend and saw the new R35 Gt-r skyline up close, they are an awesome looking car and go hard as well. It ran 11 seconds and that was just standard! :D Apparently the guy wasn't allowed to drive it in Australia as they aren't approved over here yet, shame really they would be a really nice car to drive. :rofl: