SAU Community

Importing A Gto Through J-spec And Compliancing By Golee. Tips?

After a long hunt I managed to track down a good late 98 GTO (the 99 shape) in Japan through J-spec. Its silver, 46ks on the clock, leather, grade 4.

I have just transferred the money in Yen yesterday. It was a bit nerve racking

though, to transfer the whole FOB amount without even knowing the bank account. Craig at J-spec assured and re-assured me however that it was their agent's account in Jap and not the seller directly. Craig has been very supportive with all the enquiries I have had.

So hopefully it will be on its way soon, ETA including compliance in mid October-November. Cant wait!

Yes I know its not a Skyline. I like skylines as well, and was contemplating on a R33 GTR previously. In the end I feel in love with the 99 shape GTOs.

Any import/ compliance tips from you guys would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

(Please note this post is by no means meant to be a GTR vs GTO type thread. Both cars are fabulous in their own merits I suppose)

Edited by gtrer

I have imported a series 2 GTO pm me in regarding the questions you want to know. You shoulda bought my its being for sale for a while now how much did you pay ?

Thanks mate, I will ask. This is a so-called series 3 ( late 98-00), was really hunting these, so yeah.