SAU Community

V Series Gallery

Don't know why people have been hating on the oil cooler, as long as it's actually working then who cares.. it looks good and i don't think i've ever seen one on a V35. Chris, you're boosted right?

I have an oil cooler - but it is tucked up nice and neatly behind the front bar on the drivers side (had to lose my window washer bottle though).

Took it off - for the small amount of time I ever use my window washers it was not worth the huge pita of rerouting power and water supply to a new spot.

Regency lets you get away with that?!?!

Yep, despite having owned a modified S15, R34 and now V35, I have NEVER been to Regency :) ..... you only go there if you get defected.

Who's palms have you greased! Geez! My brother lives down there and said that people tend not to sell their OEM parts because they need them for regency. Apparently sodomy is quite common over there. :/

Yeah I keep all my stock parts and always have. But I don't drive like a dickhead, don't drive on bald tyres and keep my car pretty clean and tidy. Doesn't hurt that I am a bit older than your average Skyline driver .... also doesn't hurt that I am not out cruising the Bay or the City every Fri/Sat night, and don't hang out at known drift/meet spots - these are where quite a lot of defect occur.

^^ exactly. Another reason why I also avoid organised cruises

Police see event cruises, night driving, driving in crowded areas with windows down... as being for entertainment only and therefore a public niusance. driving here now is nothing like it was in the 90's.

Edited by Deep Dish V35

^^^ depends on who is organising the cruise though - tomorrow night's BSM cruise will have something like 500+ cars at it, yet will be completely police friendly and they DO NOT pick on cars on the cruise unless you have very BLATANT illegal mods or are acting like a d!ckhead. You should come along! Melzi is coming.

Used to be boosted.

Ahh... maybe one day again. Look at turbo kits all the time, lol. Ordering another cup kit. Finishing the exhaust. When that's all done I'll either decide to keep the cooler for a long time or just throw it away (because I really don't think I'll ever need it... even when boosted again).

I'm the kinda person I don't know if I like it until I actually see it. So I always buy stupid crap just to play with and then sell or chunk.

Just look at this old picture :wacko: :unsure:

e66806af.jpg?t=1314689749

Edited by SleepyRN

I have 275s on 10" +12 rims hanging out my back guards, low front and rear bars, dark tint, noisy exhaust, and I use my car daily for work (30,000km a year) and in nearly 3.5 years am yet to be pulled over :)

However in my old R34 and S15 before that used to get pulled over regularly.

Currently got similar specs,

But have a set of 10.5+5's coming with a lot more sish so mught stand out a bit more. Plus living in the area of the most defect happy and harsh HWP in NSW doesnt help :P

I supose its a kinda good thing coilovers dont go any lower