SAU Community

Who Here Will Buy The Gt-r?

R35 Enthusiast

Hi everyone. My first post here! I just wanted to join the discussions because I absolutely love the R35 GT-R and want to buy it...

I know there are talks this car will be around the $150,000 mark when Nissan Australia finally start selling it. Is there any word on when they might announce a price? I would love to buy it but my concern would be the extra costs like insurance (man it would be expensive?), fuel costs, and maintenance costs - will there be a dedicated Nissan service center for the GT-R? The buyers in the US don't know how lucky they are, it's so much cheaper!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The buyers in the US don't know how lucky they are, it's so much cheaper!

Not when you live in Japan and they're half the price they're not, lol.

Lucky is living in Japan and having access to "Personal Imports".

This is what I know about the locally delivered ones.

Firstly everything will be "officially" announced at the Sydney Motorshow in Oct. After that the websites etc will all be updated as well.

But the deal is there are a select number of dealers / service centres in each state. I think some have only one dealer and some have 2. I know in Victoria those dealers are Weribee and Ferntree Gully. These dealers can now all take deposits on cars if you want to be early in the queue and are all in the process of setting up to service the cars (correct hoists, Nitrogen tanks etc). These offical deposits have only just started happening however and anyone that had put one down ages ago all had to be refunded and then started over again.

It looks like the first cars are due to arrive here in late Feburary. And the delivery schedule is such that each dealer is roughly allocated 5 cars per month initially but that drops off with time. There are only going to be 240 cars being brought in and thats over a 3 year period (not sure what that does to the imports side of things long term??) I know most of these dealers have already pre-sold their allocations out to around July and there is some feeling that once everything is announced officially that it is possible they may pre-sell all 240 cars before the 1st one even gets here.

Specs on the cars are:

Only 1 model which is the full Premium Edition with the 11 Speaker Bose Sound System.

Engine, Brakes, Suspension specs are identical to the Japanese cars

The tyres will be the Bridgestone RE070 run flats

Auto headlights and blue-tooth will be on the cars (these aren't on the US cars I think)

At this stage however it is not believed the Aus version will have the option of getting the gunmetal rims (was only available on the "Black Editions" in Jap / US)

Also there is currently not going to be Sat Nav in the car although that hasn't been confirmed. It may end up being like the UK cars where the Sat Nav will be available only at the end of 2009 and onwards - I'm not sure. But they will know for sure come the Syd motorshow in Oct.

Price they are looking at is around $145K but that could change. Again it will be finalised in Oct.

Thats all I know for now. I guess the rest will be known in a couple of months and we should start to see some street registered cars on our roads in the not too distant future.

Hi everyone. My first post here! I just wanted to join the discussions because I absolutely love the R35 GT-R and want to buy it...

I know there are talks this car will be around the $150,000 mark when Nissan Australia finally start selling it. Is there any word on when they might announce a price? I would love to buy it but my concern would be the extra costs like insurance (man it would be expensive?), fuel costs, and maintenance costs - will there be a dedicated Nissan service center for the GT-R? The buyers in the US don't know how lucky they are, it's so much cheaper!

I too am considering buying as well, I'm hoping to find out more about prices etc, at the

Sydney motor show...time will tell

Not when you live in Japan and they're half the price they're not, lol.

Lucky is living in Japan and having access to "Personal Imports".

Well living in Japan might mean you can get a GT-R cheap but on the flip side you also have to pay $47 for an apple.

So it's not all roses.

I have just sold my R33 GTST, bought a house and bought a new corolla (2nd hand). I am doing it tough financially at the moment but have more than one income coming in and trying to be smart with money. If business goes well I plan on looking at buying a second hand R35 GTR (weekender) within 5 years hopefully. Maybe a bit more, depends how much the car will be.

Well living in Japan might mean you can get a GT-R cheap but on the flip side you also have to pay $47 for an apple.

So it's not all roses.

but our bananas are a hell of a lot cheaper than in OZ , where ever it us they are flown in from. :D

8 years, 4 months, 26 days...

... and counting :)

Who's for a 'GROUP BUY'?

That way, we should be able to wrangle a full 100,000Km service before takeover, no matter what the odometer says! lol

How much do you estimate the 100,000Km service to cost? :D

Yeh, already looked at what a personal import from Singapore would cost :D

http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/sho...p/product/61020

Rent - S$9,300 per month. :) Pint of beer S$18 :( Almost makes the asking price for a GTR cheap S$288,000 :domokun:

All said and done the asking price in Aus seems pretty fair compared to some other markets. I cant see myself ever spending that sort of money on a car. A Nissan at that, and one that looks like a Daewoo :domokun:

Lots of Chinese money in Singapore, and just lots of money in general. Land, well they dont have any so encourage ppl to use public transport rather then cars which equals congestion. Taxes and more taxes means you get paid crazy money just to sustain a std of living. The cost of grog combined with cost of cars means i dont think they havea drink driving problem :banana:

A little hatch is something like S$65,000, and i mean thats a hatch that would cost less then $20,000 in Aus. But there are plenty of people buying R35s, the only prestige car i see more of is Maserati Quattroportes. And for the record, R35 drivers dont seem to know how to drive slowly, they are always blasting up the street as though they just picked it up from the dealership :)

At this stage however it is not believed the Aus version will have the option of getting the gunmetal rims (was only available on the "Black Editions" in Jap / US)

one small correction. the dark wheels are available as an option on the base model in japan. and they are standard on the premium. and standard on the black edition. the base model comes with the light wheels and dunlop run flats standard but for approx $1000 you can upgrade to a set of the dark wheels with the bridgestones. it will be a shame if we don't get the wheel colour choice here. :banana:

well the buyers in australia are lucky as well, cause if you compare car prices in Singapore and Indonesia for example, car price in Australia is way cheaper...

after i have completed my degree here in Australia then im going back to indonesia to buy the GT-R,only 6 months to go yay! :banana: .. actually there is one there already and it looks stunning in flesh..

Edited by EKSMUD

one small correction. the dark wheels are available as an option on the base model in japan. and they are standard on the premium. and standard on the black edition. the base model comes with the light wheels and dunlop run flats standard but for approx $1000 you can upgrade to a set of the dark wheels with the bridgestones. it will be a shame if we don't get the wheel colour choice here. :P

Sorry - I must admit I went off the UK details as far as the which models get the Gunmetal rims http://www.gtrnissan.com/pdf/gtr_eBrochure.en.uk.pdf (my Japanese is a bit rusty) but I was told by my local Nissan contact that at this stage they are not going to be an option here.

Like you I hope they change their mind. I'm sure going to be asking for the gun metal rims with mine anyways.