Who Here Will Buy The Gt-r?

R35 Enthusiast

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am hoping to get one. I would be ticking the premium sound box if there was a choice. :P

My WRX daily driver turns 10 next year and my wife's car gets paid off next month so coming up with a deposit becomes possible.

Then it is off to speak to the nice bank people. I am already getting stung every year for insurance on an old rex to the extent that I considered switching to 3rd party this year so I am not expecting too horrific a shock in that area.

I am in the ACT so Werribee would probably be my dealer of choice - the local one is unlikely to get the nod.

Other options which are on my shopping list are the Evo and STi but they fall a long way behind a GT-R. My current car sees Wakefield Park on a regularish basis and I expect the new one to do the same. I had thought about a Lotus a while back but the boss told me there was no way she was letting one of those in our garage.

I thought the official line from Nissan was that they would not take orders until the official price announcement at the Sydney Motor Show but from other posts here it seems I should be calling now.

then buy one off me instead snowy. :D you can get dark wheels, and non-bose if you want. :P hehe.

Sorry mate but I don't want to be like the US guys that brought in grey imports and have broken gearboxes and are being told they have a 6-12 month wait for a replacement one and still don't know how they are going to get the software match when they finally do get their hands on one. Non warranty/local support on this car just isn't an option. I mean I've owned a GT-R for 5 years now - I KNOW how often they break down. :no:

I'll buy one.

I just haven't figured out the finer details yet. So far all I know is that a bank robbery may need to be involved.

Do you need a partner for said bank job??

PM I may be keen

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol etc etc

you get the picture

:P

apprently local property devoloper scott reid is getting 1... was in yesterdays suncoast dailey 26th august im pritty sure

some local importer got 1 in for him... unsure if its rego'd yet reckons its the only 1 in qld thats soon or is rego'd lol theres a few alredy *sigh* newspapers suck apprently its got some carbon fiber shit in it... makes it 200 or 400 kg or something lighter? and said it will caost 170,000

Edited by red_screamer

Base model won't be available here if thats where you are getting it from. ONLY the premium will be coming and the sound system will be standard.

Yes I've heard that as well but nothings final until it's final. If it turns out to be true I don't really care but given the option I would skip the premium model.

Sorry mate but I don't want to be like the US guys that brought in grey imports and have broken gearboxes and are being told they have a 6-12 month wait for a replacement one and still don't know how they are going to get the software match when they finally do get their hands on one. Non warranty/local support on this car just isn't an option. I mean I've owned a GT-R for 5 years now - I KNOW how often they break down. :)

that could be down to the fact that they completely dismantled the cars then re-assembled them in the US. certainly can't have made the car more reliable! Well thankfully the two I've imported so far are both running nicely and they both get driven in a spirited fashion! both have already been modified too. :blink: and the second one has done quite a few track days and drag days now. but you do have a very valid point, and nissan backed warranty is one big drawcard between grey import model VS nissan aus sold model. The only real benefit of a JDM car is you can buy it right now, and you get a wider variety of options (possibly colours?) to choose from too. Price is something really yet to be proven whether imports are cheaper or more expensive but my feeling is there wont be much in it price wise.

Sorry mate but I don't want to be like the US guys that brought in grey imports and have broken gearboxes and are being told they have a 6-12 month wait for a replacement one and still don't know how they are going to get the software match when they finally do get their hands on one. Non warranty/local support on this car just isn't an option. I mean I've owned a GT-R for 5 years now - I KNOW how often they break down. :blink:

The guys handing over $120k+ for the grey import 35s now, obviously have the cash to fix them when they break, so warranty to them is not an issue.Especially the guys who are racing them.

But the lay person going to the bank to get a loan for one might want to wait until we get the aus delivered ones.

Your posts prompt me to ask...

Assume that the year is 2014

There are Australian landed R35s that were purchased in 2010-

There are imports that have been brought & bought by risk-takers and Nissan fans at the same time, ever since 2008

The Q is; Are the Australian landed versions going to maintain their value (with reduced depreciation) over the grey imports -

or do you think that they'll be worth about the same, depending on Kms travelled, how well they're treated and so on ??

In other words, can we assume that the R35s will parallel the differences in depreciation that the R32s have ??

And would any differences influence your decision to more favourably buy the Australian landed one?

Cheers,

Tez :thumbsup:

Also there is currently not going to be Sat Nav in the car although that hasn't been confirmed. It may end up being like the UK cars where the Sat Nav will be available only at the end of 2009 and onwards - I'm not sure. But they will know for sure come the Syd motorshow in Oct.

As an update I heard today that we are actually going to be getting the Sat Nav (from the guy going to Japan to learn it for Nissan)

Did anyone catch the car show review?

Basically I'll sum it up for you...

it did a 7:28 on the ring.

It surprised us (commentator) want one.

reference to 110k purchase price.

That was it. Nothing else. Not even a flying lap etc. V short. "No wonder that guy isn't doing much after wheel of fortune", (shameless ripoff from guy I don't know well).