MY09 VE HSV GTS LS3 6.2L 6sp Manual - 5500km old

1.JPG

Mods:

Walkinshaw Performance Bonnet 2

Walkinshaw Performance 25mm Lowered Springs

Walkinshaw Performance Sill Plates 2

Walkinshaw Performance Fog Light Covers 2

Factory Wheels Painted Gloss Black w/ Red Tyre Wall from Antique Tyres WA 2 3

X-Force Dual 3" Stainless Exhaust - Had Extractors & Cats too but sold for TT time!

Senator Rear Wing 2

Red Hot Leather (Factory option) 2 3 4

MAFless ECU tune with VCM Suite

Kaixen 6000k HID (same as the Cefiro had!) w/ LED Parkers at 6000k Highbeams

SS Inductions Vortex Generator

Happening As We Speak:

1 2 3 4 5

GenTT BB Turbo Kit w/ Twin Garrett GT2871R

Front Mount Intercooler, Pod Filters

60lb Injectors

Upgraded Valvesprings

Upgraded Fuel Pump

Xtreme Clutch, Flywheel & Slave Cylinder

25 Row Engine Oil Cooler, Remote filter

10 Row Power Steering Cooler

XR6 Turbo badge, painted white and on the boot replacing "317"

Expected power - 400-430RWKW 0r about 670BHP. Thanks for coming!

JK

Random:

Track Day - White Walls 2

Fresh RedWalls & Kaixen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so has the cef passed vic roads inspection :wave: ?

Just sent you a msg :D

I made the trek to VicRoads on Tuesday with RWC (which got wet!) and was super nervous because I was sure I was going to get rejected.

First thing, they booked my appointment for the wrong office but a guy helped me out and did the inspection. After much discussion about compliance plates (or lack there of) I had the plates in my hand and the BIGGEST smile on my face!

So good to be able to drive legally on the road again. But the car needs a bit of work as its been sitting around.

Going to fit a manual boost controller and crank the boost up as well as generally clean the car up, fit my Defi sensors etc.

Will be up for a cruise soon VIC peoples! I'll take some pics over the w/e too :P

Ryan.

Edited by konect

congrats,

that makes about 4 rego'd ceff's in Vic :banana:

Me

Ben

Kim

You? (Sorry don't know your name ;) )

Ontryl (Don't know his name, used to live around Berwick area)

Daniel (Used to have a black ceffy and work at ROH but haven't seen him in ages)

Any others? Must be some on the west that I don't know about :D

ahhh the joys of having a ceffy on the road ;)

Me

Ben

Kim

You? (Sorry don't know your name biggrin.gif )

Daniel (Used to have a black ceffy and work at ROH but haven't seen him in ages)

Any others? Must be some on the west that I don't know about

awww shuan got left out. :blink:

now who knows rwc peeps that aint so tight on chassis rail indentations to add a 2nd daniel with a black ceffy to the list

ahhh the joys of having a ceffy on the road :D

awww shuan got left out. :blink:

now who knows rwc peeps that aint so tight on chassis rail indentations to add a 2nd daniel with a black ceffy to the list

Have you given a RWC a go?

I took that chance and paid the $80 to see if they would pick up the highmount and it worked out for the best.

I'll have to have another look at ur damage tomoz and see how obvious it is ;)

Have you given a RWC a go?

remember.... i told u i failed my last roady, but it seemed like my guy was the tightest? then again i thought all other rwc guys wud be the same so i gave up

depending on how bad the damage is on the rails they will pass, also depends where you take it.

thing is no one feels generous enuff to clue me in on the non tight ones around ( not even talking about the 'good' ones)

now back on topic.

how laggy is that high mount of yours? full boost at wat rpm?

Did 450k's on the weekend (most of it thrashing hahaha) and remembered how much I used to spend on fuel :D

Full boost comes on by about 4-4.5k and pulls hard to redline..also found out that I doesn't seem to have a rev limiter it just kind of bumps around between 8 and 9k. Will have to get onto fixing that.

I also can't get my boost controller to boost above 1bar so I am going to get one of those cheap bleed valves and turn it up to 1.2bar and get it dynoed. Hopefully with a bit more boost the turbo will come on a bit sooner. Still got 1 tiny exhaust leak to fix too and timing adjustment could also help but all in good time.

Felt super solid sliding it now that I'm getting used to the setup but need to tighten handbrake asap.

Will post pics tonight :blink:

Edited by konect

As promised...

Sorry for the weird lighting, I think my lens may have been fogged up..but you get the idea :verymad: Looks pretty much the same but has more matte black action haha.

I bought an SR20 180 passenger seat to go in it on the weekend as the Recaro copy was buggered and no doubt Dan_J wants his standard one back and getting guards rolled shortly as it is getting some mean scrub.

I also made some future plans today which consist of z32, injectors, 1.2 bar and a smooth remap, but all in due course. Gotta pay off the bloody RWC first!

post-18824-1237188445_thumb.jpg post-18824-1237188470_thumb.jpg

Edited by konect

Go the ducting to the airpod! He still hangs in there! Best mod ever!

Good to see the front bar is in good nick. i assume its had a gazillion repairs tho!

I matt blacked a grille like that on it before. looks heaps tougher imo.

Still think your wheels are lame! :thumbsup:

Your matt black everything engine bay looks disgusting! Wheres my DIY Just Jap make your own piping kit gone? It use to look so much better :banana:

JK

Good to see the front bar is in good nick. i assume its had a gazillion repairs tho!

Still think your wheels are lame! :D

Your matt black everything engine bay looks disgusting! Wheres my DIY Just Jap make your own piping kit gone? It use to look so much better :P

JK

lol the piping is still all there, its just matte black now. I kind of had to do something to disguise it to get through RWC and VicRoads inspection so the matte black was used 'liberally'.

I agree the rims could be better but they are lightweight and good size and offset for sliding. +1 to the grill, I just had it on there for RWC but probably going to replace it with Autobarn black mesh for air flow.

The front bar was actually in 2 pieces at xmas time 2007 but its had a pretty good repair job just flares a little at the sides which cable ties fixed right up! :down:

Me

Ben

Kim

You? (Sorry don't know your name :) )

Dont forget Chris (anticeptik -white ceff), this chick I know has one and theres that gay Auto indulgence one going around too no idea who it is tho!

Dan I seen ur ceffy at Waynes! Get it on the road man!

Still think your wheels are lame! ;)

Your matt black everything engine bay looks disgusting! Wheres my DIY Just Jap make your own piping kit gone? It use to look so much better :)

JK

Who cars if hes wheels or engine bay looks lame or gay - at least he uses the car and will drive the ring off it not being scared about a little dust or that some other guys are gonna hate his car cos of his wheels. U gonna throw ur GTS round and use all the power u make? Or just baby it to work and back and do a quiet track day like a pansy?

Who cars if hes wheels or engine bay looks lame or gay - at least he uses the car and will drive the ring off it not being scared about a little dust or that some other guys are gonna hate his car cos of his wheels. U gonna throw ur GTS round and use all the power u make? Or just baby it to work and back and do a quiet track day like a pansy?

Haha big difference between sliding a car that actually cost me $2200 FOB and $80k around a dusty ol drift track :)

I always bag out the wheels since the ones that were on it were so awesome :D

But I had my GTS at a skid pan day with only 280km on the clock! And then again at 1200km and again at 3500km. It sits now with 5500km on the clock. It just hurts sliding on $1500 worth of bridgestone rubber ;)

JK

Me

Ben

Kim

You? (Sorry don't know your name ;) )

ahem...

IMG_0019_1.jpg

on the road and pimpin.