SAU Community

Mid-week Meet-ups?

Sambo33gtst

Hey Guys,

I've been living back in Brisbane for over 18 months now, to which the majority of the time my R33 has been off the road :) and with this I never really got into the car scene much down here...But the car will be on the road again in the coming weeks, so im looking at getting into it again.

Does anyone have regular meets during the week? I remember parking up at Mt Coot-tha with the gf on a thursday night a long while ago and there was quite a crowd of car nuts getting coffee's and what not....what's the go, does much happen anymore?

Back when I was living on the North Coast every Thursday night was the go, what about down here?

Cheers,

Sam

Edited by Sambo33gtst

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Guys,

I've been living back in Brisbane for over 18 months now, to which the majority of the time my R33 has been off the road :) and with this I never really got into the car scene much down here...But the car will be on the road again in the coming weeks, so im looking at getting into it again.

Does anyone have regular meets during the week? I remember parking up at Mt Coot-tha with the gf on a thursday night a long while ago and there was quite a crowd of car nuts getting coffee's and what not....what's the go, does much happen anymore?

Back when I was living on the North Coast every Thursday night was the go, what about down here?

Cheers,

Sam

Theres usually the Corrupt krew meeet ups ithink? in Mt gravatt... or the Spit every sunday i thnk? not sure.. i hardly go to meet ups anymore... im just a lone wolf... :)

Excuse my ignorance, but who is ''the corrupt crew'? If there anything like the people I met once from boostcruising, ill be steering well clear....

But surely there some SAU meet ups every now and again? I saw Mud organise to go have coffee there last week, and i thought there used to be a dinner some weeks as well.....none of that ever happens anymore?

corrupt crew is SAU'ers and meetup for a few drinks and a cruise - look in events for chai meetup

if you want to stay away from the boost meets every second tues there is a hardtuned meet at different locations there is one tues 2nd (not 100% on location ATM)

omg you hate boost i love you LOL

theres not really much during the weeknights.. Thursday nights are cursed if you wanna get done go out on a Thursday!!

ill probably head out more when i get my full license back next month!!

cb cruises are usually good... most people are nice.. you get the few knob's in commy's but they are everywhere!!

maybe organise a a small cruise and events on here and a few people might meet up with you????

lets organise a cruise to the stains

im keen to see commo's crash into gutters =]

SAU cruise to the stains with no skylines or get po-po raped from the rear end :laugh: I've only ever taken my skyline there once and thats not happening again. I'm a Stains car sl*t.

Edited by ToMMaH

I live near the bottom of Mt Coot-tha on Chapel Hill Rd, I'm down for weekly meetups too. Just moved up here from melbourne and bored shitless.

We used to do fortnightly meetups and a cruise to a food place of some sort for dinner once a fortnight back home in melb... missing the love (and the gate) up here.

i Went for my cruise last night..

Heheh funkymonkey i live near you... too close :S

Anyways its hard to do cruises with other people like meet ups and such cause you don't relaly know the level of the person infront of you and behind you... when i used to have my motorbike i used to ride with a few mates a few times a week.. man it was fun..

soon as i hoped into my car... not many cruises and if so mostly, people just trying to get used to their car and driving in formation...

Haha Funkymonkey if your really serious about going for a cruise.. PM me...

Thanks for the feedback guys :bunny:

Funky I used to live out your way and there used to be a bunch of people meet up at the carpark where sizzler used to be on marshall lane, good meeting spot imo.

But if anyone is keen to do weekly or monthly meets i'd love to try and organise something. Even if we meet somewhere fairly central and go for a short drive somewhere to sit down and have a coffee....it'd be nice to get chatting with some people in the SAU Community:)

What would everyone think of something like wed/thurs nights? We could meet in the Suncorp Stadium carpark on the Paddington side (away from the Milton Macca's bogans) and just go for a drive from there. Mt Coot-tha is close, could also go North from there straight up Hale Street as well.

Sound good?

P.S. I'd be looking to make it a regular thing so you'd have to bring your welcoming/nice attitude and not be an idiot on the road if/when we do go for a cruise. :banana:

Edited by Sambo33gtst

I'd definitely be in for that... cept atm till I fix my gearbox issues I can't go over 70km/h (auto gearbox with no Drive gear). Was supposed to pick up the replacement box this weekend, but I don't think I will be able to, so I'll have to put it off till next weekend.

So just for the next 2 weeks if it involves goin more than 70km/hr I might have to just meet you guys there. Location's convenient anyways, I work in Toowong so comin out wed/thu night is no probs.

Wicked, sounds like we might be able to get a decent amount of people each week. I doubt it would be anything huge, but as long as we can go somewhere for dinner or a coffee I think it'd be alright.

Im in the same boat as you funky, i got a new engine going in hopefully this week, but like anything i'm sure there will be delays :)

What does everyone else think?