R33 Missfire - Please Help!

Bennett

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BROOOOOOOO!!!!!!

No more missfires! ahaha

Bought a set of splitfies today, I was too psyched and impatient to wait for the weekend. (left work early and everything lol)

Thanks for the help.... I love you guys :cool:

Haha glad to see this thread is helping lots of people with missfire problems.

All you guys who have bout splitfires and fixed the missfire problem, are you running sparkplugs with a 0.8mm gap or the stock 1.1mm gap?

Glad to hear. Coils should last a long time. Now to save $500

Do you think its worth checking the injectors (pulling the injectors out and getting them cleaned, or even running injector cleaner through) before i spend an arm and a leg on the splitfires?

Do you think its worth checking the injectors (pulling the injectors out and getting them cleaned, or even running injector cleaner through) before i spend an arm and a leg on the splitfires?

Up to you. I know that my missfire is electrical so getting splitfires will fix it. If your coilpacks are going ok then getting splitfires wont help much. U can usually feel if its because somethings dirty and cloged up like injectors or sparkplugs compared to when the coilpacks are not producing a strong enough spark. Maybe try cleaning the injectors first as its cheaper and cant hurt. Otherwise you could take it to a tuner and get their opinion of what they think is the problem.

Hope that helps :P

Well it depends when it all started happening. My car started doing it ever so mildly when I put my fmic on. Then it was missfiring horribly when I put my exhaust on.

So I knew that they were they were the problem, I just didn't know how to get rid of the missfiring until I read this thread.

In other words, if your car started missfiring for no reason at all, I would probably get it looked at. But if you placed a FMIC on or similar it's most likely the coil packs. Thats what happened to me.

Well it depends when it all started happening. My car started doing it ever so mildly when I put my fmic on. Then it was missfiring horribly when I put my exhaust on.

So I knew that they were they were the problem, I just didn't know how to get rid of the missfiring until I read this thread.

In other words, if your car started missfiring for no reason at all, I would probably get it looked at. But if you placed a FMIC on or similar it's most likely the coil packs. Thats what happened to me.

I put on the fmic and it was fine, i put on a turbo back exhaust and it was alright, it wasnt misfirring but the car wasnt smooth, it would pull to about 6 grand and then pull much harder from 6 to redline. I then put on a avc-r and still the car wasnt misfirring. After a week or so ir just started happening randomly, and now it even does it on standard boost (when avc-r is turned off).

Edited by da spike

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah rb engines start misfiring when breathing mods are upgraded. Exhaust, intake - cooler. Increasing boost will cause it to misfire too. This is because the coilpacks are old and weak. You will need to get new coilpacks or gap spark plugs till you get some.

I "had" the misfiring problem. Not anymore since the 6 coil packs and coil pack harness arrived yesterday. Three of my coil packs are clicking badly like every 4 sec and then the car jerks aka misfire. I changed 3 of the coil packs (front the front of the engine, the 1-2-3 ones. I also dropped the new coil pack harness (my old one was like what a dog would chew on) and no more misfire. Car runs smooth now. The initial problem was that my car only misfire at idle. I also have a FMIC Installed. Everything is stock atm.

Btw i got the used coilpack and harness from Raw Brokerage. Great service and the price was cheap (compared from my local wreck shop)

http://shop.rawbrokerage.com/category.sc?categoryId=35

Edited by teng