SAU Community

1 Sub More Than Enough In A Skyline?

Turbo Piston

depends on what kind of sound ur after and what kind of music u listen to as well champ but i would recommend if ur goin for 1 or 2 subs dont go smaller than a single 12 inch sub as u will find u are left wanting in the sound and bass department if u go for 10 inch subs...... either way u go with the 12 inch subs 1 is enough if it is put into the right enclosure u can get amazing sound out of it.... and two is insane if done corectly hope i have helped in some way

yeah i'd go 2 x 10inch although 1 x 10inch would give that sound ur after but as punisher said you will be left wanting more later on.. it will also depend on the output Wattage on the sub and having an amp to handle the power required.. go too low on either and it just wont be sufficient

ive just upgraded from 2x 12" fusions to 1 12" Alpine... sounds way better and got alot more room in the boot too.... make sure u get the right enclosure for it as it makes a world of difference..

when i got my car it had 2x12" pioneers, changed them for a single kicker 12" and it sounded great, untill it died, there warranty is not worth shit either they kept sending it back saying they couldnt find a problem, bought another one since i had a kicker box and that one died as well, now have a single jl 12" and it sounds awesome.

See If I go 12 inch, I can't fit it in the boot unless I remove the floor, and I prefer not to.

I'm pretty sure I can run two 10s in the back without removing the floor?

I have a Rockford P 300-1 monoblock, so that will pump 300RMS into my sub. I'm thinking two P3 10inch subs, or 2x12inch P2 Subs but that will require a custom install.

I'm into RnB, but I don't crank the stereo, just like having nice clear sound :wub:

See If I go 12 inch, I can't fit it in the boot unless I remove the floor, and I prefer not to.

I'm pretty sure I can run two 10s in the back without removing the floor?

I have a Rockford P 300-1 monoblock, so that will pump 300RMS into my sub. I'm thinking two P3 10inch subs, or 2x12inch P2 Subs but that will require a custom install.

I'm into RnB, but I don't crank the stereo, just like having nice clear sound :D

dont know if a 34 boot is smaller than a 33 but i have a single 12" box sitting in my boot no problem.

Don't be fooled into thinking that more is better. You can get great sound out of a single sub. Even a good quality 10" will sound excellent. What I would recommend doing is getting a small sealed box (sealed enclosures can be much smaller than ported, and they sound punchier) and fit a 12" sub in it. There's a sealed enclosure made by Qmax that you can get from JB. It's a good size - small enough to fit into my extremely shallow R32 boot. Then buy a nice driver for it, tune the amp correctly, and you're away.

well i have 1 12 inch sub and its great gives me all the bass plus my speakers in my car put out a bit of bass, i dont have the bass turned right up i just did it to test it i rekon ones enough, but then depends on ur music etc see i listen to alot of rock and 80's 70's like acdc deep purple kiss etc but if ur into the hard techno n stuff maybe go the 2 12inch for the full bass

• 2 weeks later...

The car audio shop down the road from me has an enclosure sitting around that replaces part of a skylines boot. The guy said it wont take up any extra room. Not sure which model it will fit into but PM me for the places name as im not sure if i will be breaking the rules saying a stores name on here. Pretty sure they said they got it from the gold coast so prob wont see them around very much.

The car audio shop down the road from me has an enclosure sitting around that replaces part of a skylines boot. The guy said it wont take up any extra room. Not sure which model it will fit into but PM me for the places name as im not sure if i will be breaking the rules saying a stores name on here. Pretty sure they said they got it from the gold coast so prob wont see them around very much.

how much was this sub box? someone on here makes them to wat i imagine is the same design