SAU Community

Blown Turbo Lil Help

Inline 6

I concour with danny, from what you've descirbed i don't rekon its a blown turbo...Easiest way to check that is to pull the dump pipe off (if ya can) and check...Im agreeing with nightcrawler/sled/danny in popped hose/afm dodgy etc etc.....Go and attack those hose clamps and you'll soon find out! Maybe like has been suggested as well an ECU reset and see if that helps?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had a huge look today top n bottom of engine and pulled on just about every hose i could find i cant see anything loose :3some: didnt fire it up though but when it was running after it happened sounded like turbo area.

it happened at night so couldnt see to clear but i could see the smoke out the back window prob not as much as that pic though.

perhaps a computer prob hmmmm could try reseting it or just send it to the workshop to get looked at.

car probably does deserve a dyno tune anyway

battery went flat n when i got it going again ecu didnt flash any lights, didnt see where the light that blinks is but im assuming it should be at the front.

after firing it up sounded ruff as and now wants to stall on me hmmmmmm's well time to take it to a workshop crap :)

Have to had a look around the piping? Something mightn't be obviously hanging off, but split or loose...

Esp. look at the large inlet hose between the the AFM and turbo where the BOV plumbs back.

post-31501-1221474084_thumb.jpg

GODZILA RETURNS

road n track set me back $160 well worth it, turned out to be crappy spark plugs n intercooler hose hanging off. dont know how i didnt see that but dont care now cause the initial "i think ur motor's f'd had me pretty scared"

car made 195kw at the rears again matching what i got at tillbrooks.

Edited by Inline 6

yeah i did check all the piping was bit hard to get to the intercooler piping undernearth but i did look at it. noize deff sounded like it was coming from turbo's though not intercooler. o wells its done now and im not much outa pocket

i got exhaust airfilters(some argue these lose ya hp) remapped ecu and run's at 12psi which i have now found out. pretty stock the way i like it :O

thumbs down to dial a tow who were 45 min late making me late for my first day at work.

Edited by Inline 6

10 is stock ive seen the long heated debates on it. 7 whateva's on the dial is equiv to 10psi was the final say on that topic :O

the dude was saying get some coil packs and we can add a couple more psi, but ill pass on cranking it up as i dont give a f about getting more power.

but ill prob still get the coil packs soon