SAU Community

The Force Channel 7

willL

He was lucky to get away with the speeding fine. Quick thinking on his part

but i think he deserved the yellow sticker tbh. Not for the no lights in the dash, but for the rear lights being off.

We all got to agree that is pretty dangerous more so cause his car was black/gmg (cant remember)... and if it was as simple as a "fuse", wouldnt be easy to put one in and he would of avoided all the problems and hassles...

thats my 2cents anyway

maybe he really didnt know they were out, or is it a feature in jap cars ur dash lights go out with ur tail lights, also he did say he was on the way to the servo so they coulda let him get one there

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe he really didnt know they were out, or is it a feature in jap cars ur dash lights go out with ur tail lights, also he did say he was on the way to the servo so they coulda let him get one there

i think they run on the same fuse...

If that were true (and ill give him the benefit of the doubt since he drives a skyline haha ) somehow i dont think most police would believe that...

Also im sure the servo is left onto south street not more down murdoch drive :)

But anyway, i 100% agree on what he said about the rust buckets on the road... they never seem to get stickered...

Edited by br3ndan

No excuses for driving without lights. How can you not notice your dash lights not working.

Then if they weren't working anyone with half a brain would check the rest of the lights.

well i would 1) to be considerate to other drivers

2)cause i dont want someone running up my ass.

he should be thankfull with the $200 (pull your head in) fine. Tosser

The first night I got my P's I got pulled over in my dad's bunky Holden Camira. It looked like a shotty drug dealer car, home job green paint, and black boot.

Got pulled over coz it was blowin some smoke. They noticed my dash was out (brake lights were fine). But I had a lil torch taped to the dash so I could see the speedo. :P

They were gona yellow me but because it was my dad's car, they let me off and said to get it fixed.

If it was just the dash in Willem's case I'm sure it would have been the same, but no rear lights is as everyone stated, stupid.

Edited by Magic

I had the same fuse go on my car the other week, when I was setting off to Rockingham to watch my son play hockey. I did not realise the tail lights were out as well until I got there. I was guessing my speed the whole way - basically matching speed with other traffic. Then I had to drive back! Not fun.

The sensationalist coverage really bugs me. He was quite right to point out about the rust buckets, but unfortunately no rear lights is dangerous at night (not a problem in the daylight). But you would thought he was an axe-murdering rapist.

The only thing they did not say was that by not allowing him to go to the servo and buy a small fuse, they were preventing a small child from choking on it!

Thank heavens for Channel 7.

Tossers!