SAU Community

Buying Interstate, Need Mechanic Inspection

25GTT

Greetings from West Oz!

I have been looking at the carsales website recently and have spotted a nice 4wd that I am looking at bringing across from NSW to WA. It is always quite hard to do this as you can imagine as I have know idea the location and if the guy is dodgey or not.

The gentleman has been kind enough to send me extra pics etc, however I ould like to conduct one of those 100 point inspections and notified him that I would organise the NRMA to come out to complete the inspection, and obviously to make sure the car and address actualy exists etc!

Well much to my suprise ( I must still be iving in the 80's ) he replied in letting me know that the NRMA no longer exists.

So couple of questions. How do i find out over there if this is all ok?

Who is now the NRMA or the most trusted company to provide reports ect and to at least in assisting me to make sure the details this gentleman is giving is all ok?

Thanks all for your time, any help comes MUCH appreciated.

I've used Stateroads for my last 2 cars and have been pretty happy with them. They can inspect anything you need done and do things like paint depth on panels, to check for respray, compression tests if requested, full running gear inspection, underbody inspection, interior etc etc. Can't remember their site but google Stateroads inspections. Should get it.

Beautiful guys, will google state roads now and NRMA (dont know why he said they dont exist???)

Also last question, does anyone know of an interstate importer? ie someone who organises full inspection, report, transport, transfer etc? would be a hell of a lot easier! :-)

Thanks again NSW crew!