SAU Community

Willall Racing Buys Australia's First Official Complied/street Registered R35gtr

Nightcrawler

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a quick review I generated for my LS1 buddies. Driving around at 60km/h it really is 'interesting'....you know its a BAMF :(

"In fact it reminds me very much of the Lamborghini rather than a santisied Japanese car. The all wheel drive transmission transfer pumps are loud and whine away at the trafffic lights, the clutch is sharp on the takeup and needs some practice for smooth low speed getaways. Tyre noise from the RE070Rs is huge. The engine is solidly mounted enough that you can feel it through every pore, and the whine from what would seem to be semi-straight cut gears is ever present. Drive it slowly around town in manual mode and the engine is gruff and blustery revving and blipping the throttle as it picks gears....its an angry bastard of a thing and that gives it character

Without doubt the feature of the car is the gearbox. Unlike any I have driven which includes E-gear, SMG, and F1 shift, this thing picks a gear in the blink of an eye, both up and down without unbalancing the car or changing its 'stance' mid corner. Thrown around on a slippery surface or in point-and-shoot tarmac rally conditions the car is capable enough as to be described as unbeatable so immense is the traction, so balanced is the chassis. Its well, far, easily more capable and quicker than the drivers inputs in this case"

As far as photos and such, after thinking about it I reckon the BEST idea would be to organise a day where you guys can come have a look at it, take photos whatever. That way no one will be interrupted etc. as that the purpose. If anyone wants to put forward a plan/meet point etc. then please feel free to go ahead and do so :P

Sled do I know you? If so refresh me! (my memory is pretty sketchy these days in my old age) :lol:

Edited by Martin Donnon

haha GO THE VIDEO OFF!! :P Fatz your Dutton Rally one is better!! Tool Award!! ;)

Good to see that the first street rego R35 is in SA!! :(

Cool that you beat Sydney to the punch, I know there are a few here itching to get them on the street

Sled do I know you? If so refresh me! (my memory is pretty sketchy these days in my old age) :lol:

I used to sell you Alfa bits back in the day when Pete Hall used to work next door to me for Leon Will & Moff of Super Roo Spares at 964 South Rd, Edwardstown.......I even remember their 6 digit phone number, lol.

Reliance Motor Spares & Adelaide Engine Service ring any bells??

haha GO THE VIDEO OFF!! :) Fatz your Dutton Rally one is better!! Tool Award!! :(

Good to see that the first street rego R35 is in SA!! :down:

Cool that you beat Sydney to the punch, I know there are a few here itching to get them on the street

Incorrect.

This is the same car........first rego'ed in NSW.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble ;)

Well I think I MAY have a pic of the first registered one?

Was out the front of a swanky hotel (in valet parking area) here in Wollongong on the weekend.

gallery_8001_314_263211.jpg

I'm not going to say that it IS defiantely the first one, but looked very legit, i.e. no evidence of it arriving in any other fashion other than driving on the road with those registered plates.

which was confirmed later in that thread.

read the thread heading guys.......nothing about Adelaide being the 1st to have a 35 registered here.....it says Willall Racing Buys Australia's First Official Complied/street Registered R35gtr......doesn't say that it wasn't registered in NSW 1st

Not like a modified RB26 that just keeps on pulling but you have to wait for it or be in the right gear.

I have only just had a little taste but will definately be back for more.

how would a similarly powered RB26 compare? or would it take a far greater modified R34 GTR to equal the new r35?

how would a similarly powered RB26 compare? or would it take a far greater modified R34 GTR to equal the new r35?

Hugely so. My mechanic has a really cute saying ... "Theres no substitute for cubic inches... unless its cubic feet..."

Displacement ... compare 2600cc and 3800cc.... 1200cc extra...

-D