SAU Community

Willall Racing Buys Australia's First Official Complied/street Registered R35gtr

Nightcrawler

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street is that this is going to be a showcase car for the fabrication and tuning work that Willall can do - and their aim is over 500rwkw!

They are after everyone who buys an R35GTR to come to them for parts, tuning, service etc and will provide the highest level of technology and reliability to an already amazing platform.

yeah but its no longer in sydney

so first registered in sydney

first living in adelaide

as it was only in sydney for compliance it wasnt really living there :) if that makes sense :mad:

read the thread heading guys.......nothing about Adelaide being the 1st to have a 35 registered here.....it says Willall Racing Buys Australia's First Official Complied/street Registered R35gtr......doesn't say that it wasn't registered in NSW 1st
bah, just the easterners trying to claim it as their own ;)

Go easy guys. I was just clarifying what Jess has said (as quoted) not the entire thread.

:)

ROFL Ash :D

I still have 2 valuations to type yet before I go to bed :( .... what's your excuse for still being up? :D

Was work for me too, blasted test plans :happy: , there are few things more boring.

Would be cool to see it out at mallala.

Strap some full slicks on to the sucker. :happy:

We know were are the better state anyway............... :D

You can keep your morning air quality reports....

We have nothing of the like over here. :D:(:)

Wow, lots of emotion in this thread - about all sorts of things!

I look forward to seeing this thing in the flesh, I'm sure the pics don't do the metal justice.

I'll be interested to see how long Munro can hold off grabbing one!

I'll also be keen to see how the development of the car progresses, particularly with respect to the ECU tuning.

Properly tuned factory ECUs can produce some fantastic results without suffering the horrible compromises of many aftermarket solutions.

Hugely so. My mechanic has a really cute saying ... "Theres no substitute for cubic inches... unless its cubic feet..."

unless its a falcodore :) seems no matter how big they build that damn engine it still go's down

maybe if you bored ya rb26 out another 1.1L it might be closer :)

Edited by Inline 6

Yeah, thanks Chops, you know it. I am holding myself back at the moment & will definately buy one. Just need to calm down a bit as I have already bought a few different cars this year & need to get my garages sorted out before I buy anymore. ie I need to free up some storage space & cant seem to decide what to let go. The R35 is F*%^in SICK & needs to be driven hard & modified to its full potential & I Want one as bad as the next guy, but all good things come to those who wait & it seems the the GTR legend is here to stay.

My 11 year old R33 is one of the craziest street cars in Adelaide ( anyone who has been in the hills with me will vouch for that) & my other R33 race GTR which will soon be ready for Mallala will be a dream come true for me as far as fun factor goes, so I just want to savour the "old generation" for a little bit more before delving into what is do doubt the best car money can buy under 200K.

Will watch with great anticipation to see how the "first" R35 goes. Keir told me today that they have already put a much better exhaust on it & it sounds like a "real" GTR now.

Remember, while "newer" is usually better in regards to technology, there can never be a replacement for the old school style,

& it will be a long time before an R35 can go flying past a properly sorted R34 or R33.

Hello new world of GTRs, & after years of drooling over photos on the net we can actually see & play with them.

Those of you who are reading this & are younger than me (that wont be hard - I was born when HQs were new!) wont really appreciate how far we have come - but believe it... We live in very exciting times. Soak it up. It may not last for long....

We live in very exciting times. Soak it up. It may not last for long....

Definitely.. I feel sad for my young lad. By the time he's old enough to drive a car the roar of a petrol motor may very well be a thing of the past.