SAU Community

Willall Racing Buys Australia's First Official Complied/street Registered R35gtr

Nightcrawler

lol i always remember when i was a kid i wanted the last of Fords V8s the XD and i was just a young lad when dad almost bought an original cobra they were only 4k brand new but he was like 1k short :) i always tell myself doesn't mater he would of wrote it off prolly or sold it cause he wasn't an enthusiast

im sure Joel if the government wasn't so stingy we would have a man made source of fuel by now but oil companies wont allow it :)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely.. I feel sad for my young lad. By the time he's old enough to drive a car the roar of a petrol motor may very well be a thing of the past.
Petrol combustion engines might become a thing of the past, light steam loco's, but not for a while yet.

But so long as it's reasonably quick and handles well my next vehicle can run on the power of shattered dreams for all I care.

Technology will move on, but there will still be "fast", and the beauty of electric motors? Maximum torque from 0 RPM.

while an electric engine has its advantages, theres a certain magic about a petrol powered engine.

the sound they make, the way they deliver their power, hell, even the smell, it all makes up something that really cannot be replaced.

Yeah I was down the workshop today and can vouch for the potent sound of the removed resonator from the exhaust - it now sounds much angrier :)

Took a few more pics too.

Was good to catch up with Matt/Whatsisname down there too (for the youngsters: Matt is one of your old school mods who is rarely about these days).

post-669-1221741368_thumb.jpg

post-669-1221741405_thumb.jpg

post-669-1221741423_thumb.jpg

post-669-1221741436_thumb.jpg

Ah crap - sorry forgot I said I was going to head down with you Luke - I completely forgot that Carolyn and I are doing a St. Johns First Aid course all day this Saturday - they are really hard to get into and we have been booked for months, so I can't change it. I could not be spewing more, as I am desperate to go for a spin in it.

I will definitely be down there Saturday week though, but I am sure you don't want to wait that long to see it.

Just head down on your own (oh dang you can't drive the GTR of course ;) ). Maybe Steve will take you? Munro is normally down there after 3pm on Saturdays too.

That's cool Andrew, I know you don't love me anymore :(;)

Steve, sounds good buddy, no work Saturday, missus' neice's 1st birthday, then go down to see the GTR :thumbsup: What time is good with you, I'm not free between 1 and 3, that gonna be a problem?

We are hoping (if weather permits) to get a nice photo of the 4 generations (R32,33,34,35 GTR) in a line up outside the workshop. We already have the right cars chosen, but if enough skylines are there we could also get a horizion shot as well!

We may need some light misting around the edges of the photo & as I have some rear tyres in need of punishment my XR6 Turbo ute has been nominated as the smoke machine of choice. Local law enforcement need not apply as large amounts of smoke seem to affect high speed cameras!!! :(;) Any members that have been there recently may have seen a few of my practice runs. If not you could always check out google earth from their last pass

.post-538-1221745974_thumb.jpg

Edited by Munro