SAU Community

Willall Racing Buys Australia's First Official Complied/street Registered R35gtr

Nightcrawler

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have driven a friends GTR on a number of occassions here in Tokyo and it is an amazing vehicle.

Forgot to add, we swapped cars for a day - that was interesting..although i had to be a little more careful than him.

Youre fortunate in many ways.

One question..

How did you do it?...getting the car registered?

Here's a quick review I generated for my LS1 buddies. Driving around at 60km/h it really is 'interesting'....you know its a BAMF :D

"In fact it reminds me very much of the Lamborghini rather than a santisied Japanese car. The all wheel drive transmission transfer pumps are loud and whine away at the trafffic lights, the clutch is sharp on the takeup and needs some practice for smooth low speed getaways. Tyre noise from the RE070Rs is huge. The engine is solidly mounted enough that you can feel it through every pore, and the whine from what would seem to be semi-straight cut gears is ever present. Drive it slowly around town in manual mode and the engine is gruff and blustery revving and blipping the throttle as it picks gears....its an angry bastard of a thing and that gives it character

Without doubt the feature of the car is the gearbox. Unlike any I have driven which includes E-gear, SMG, and F1 shift, this thing picks a gear in the blink of an eye, both up and down without unbalancing the car or changing its 'stance' mid corner. Thrown around on a slippery surface or in point-and-shoot tarmac rally conditions the car is capable enough as to be described as unbeatable so immense is the traction, so balanced is the chassis. Its well, far, easily more capable and quicker than the drivers inputs in this case"

I couldnt agree with you more. Theres a lot of mechanical noise, the pumps and the gearbox being the main two culprits. Tyre noise depends on the road surface really - i noticed a pretty big swing there.

Its really restrained - like its waiting to get off the leash and that would be hard when the speed limit is 60. Ive had it up at 180 on the wangan here and it gets there bloody fast. A lot faster than my Fonz.

Only thing is - its uncompromising as a daily driver - its a little too hard but i spose what else do i expect.

The biggest surprise for me was the power delivery - it just surges and whooshes and gushes and farkin pins you. Hard.

Enjoy it.

One more question - what are you going to do about the speed limiter?

nice thats a good representation from old to new i think like most things it will grow on us

i for one coming from the mazda stable loved the Rx7's and when the Rx8 came out i was the same like Blerh :D but when i saw it modified i was like that is actually pretty nice

anyways enough about mazda's on a skyline forum :)

veilside_ver1_rx8.jpg<<referance image

Nice photo there Martin.

But in response to Craig's comment - it doesn't look ANYWHERE near as big on its own. When in the lineup it does look bloated, but let me assure you that the proportions are spot on, and when you see the car on its own it doesn't look that big.

im not saying its the ugliest thing i have ever seen, but i just think its a bit of a let down.

all that whopping technoogy, and the body seems, well....rushed imo.

i admit, it is a great car though.

dude the car has a drag co-efficient of 0.27... thats >low az brew<.... i daresay it looks that way for a very specific reason :D (notice it has a wide front similar to some certain audis out there, coincidence? I think not)

-D

looks far better in that grey/silver they have in my opinion. I'm Intrigued by it and would love to see how they go some day but i still have a soft spot for the original GTR layout. Apart from 4wd, twin turbo and the rear lights i find they've steered away from the GTR image.

looks far better in that grey/silver they have in my opinion. I'm Intrigued by it and would love to see how they go some day but i still have a soft spot for the original GTR layout. Apart from 4wd, twin turbo and the rear lights i find they've steered away from the GTR image.

Agreed. i still really like the car for what it is tho.

V formation TT 6 = FAIL :(

RB :(

i was thinking that also, seen as all ive owned are inline 6's hence the name ;)

but they did need to make a change they couldnt bring out another gtr pretty much the same

Edited by Inline 6

The v6 is there for a reason. Compact light weight, provides better weight distribution.

I'voe toyed with the idea of a nice all alloy light weight VQ30/VQ35/VQ40DET in the R32 with a nice GT40/42 having off the side should the rb30 fork lift/boat motor ever pop.

The v6 is there for a reason. Compact light weight, provides better weight distribution.

I'voe toyed with the idea of a nice all alloy light weight VQ30/VQ35/VQ40DET in the R32 with a nice GT40/42 having off the side should the rb30 fork lift/boat motor ever pop.

you've changed man

you used to be cool.

:(

get with the times

V formation ftw.

aside to martin: How is this car on rolling acceleration compared to a TT 350z? I know the gearchanges would be quicker. and it would have a bit more torque, and different ratio's everywhere..... actually probably hard to compare lol.