SAU Community

How Many P's Platers On Here That Drive Turbo Skyline?

s1.533

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I been driving my car around since I was 18, was only ever pulled over twice, once for a random breatho and licence check, the other was at Monash carpark skylines meet, got defected and high powered and modified vehicle all at the same time.

I think I did well considering, now i get my licence back in 2 days and ill be on full licence.

It could be worth it, but you have to be lucky.

yeh i saw you pass me, then i saw him fly right behind you, im like f**k another one lol. He would have had one hell of a night, cos i saw so many skylines on Springvale Rd tonight

lol... yeh mate I saw a fair few as well... also on warrigal..... ahh well.. bad luck buddy... btw... this bloke... likes picking up people for the same crap... so theres not much you can do :)

you know... one thing that went through my mind when he picked me up is that why didn't he go after you? cuz he knows my car and he knows he can't get me due to lack of specs etc... but as it turns out he already had you...

poor timing.

iv always been driving turbo cars, from the day i got my license. I even took my r33 for m P's test.

Iv never had any trouble, or got pulled over..

the first time i ever did though i lost my license lol

but half of the reason was my fault. I dont believe all cops always pick on turbo cars.

I dont believe all cops always pick on turbo cars.

i think it's because a lot of the time they don't know!! if you drive sensibly enough and be polite to them you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

That would be me mate!! hahaha :dry: having a little squiz at your ride before he got me! he is the same knob who tried to get me about a month ago while I was filling up petrol at the nuna shell. standing there minding my own business when he rocks up, goes "Turbo?" i said yeh, he goes "too powerful" and then i beat him with rubbish statistics because mine is a GTS4 and is heavier then a standard GTST! so he went on his merry way!

he picked me up tonight for a chat..... remembered who I was.. didn't even need to see my license and gave me an update from when he tried to pick me up at shell.... he apparently looked that night for over 3 hours for power and weight info about my car... couldnt find anything, which I told him so, he said he still rekens mines over but just cant prove it cuz its that rare... I laughed at him and then he put his face into my HIDs... said theyre bright... I said yeh... he also commented on my back blue skyline light saying (in quote) : "That blue light at the back dude, its a bit gay" I told him most people like it.. we said our goodbyes and he was off to have a w@nk at the next skyline.

I loled all the way home.

hahahahahahahaahhahahahahaahah

Hey im currently on my green p's. I got pulled over so many times its not funny,and all of them was for just driving normal and random checks my exhaust isnt even that loud... but anyway ... im from Broady mainly theres always undercover cops hannging around. I got pulled over last week on pacoe rd near meadow hieghts... drainer... he opened my bonnet n looked with a torch then said i should sell my car LOL. then his like he'l let me off bcos i got my licence in 2006 or something. Nice guy but.

Geraus

Hey im currently on my green p's. I got pulled over so many times its not funny,and all of them was for just driving normal and random checks my exhaust isnt even that loud... but anyway ... im from Broady mainly theres always undercover cops hannging around. I got pulled over last week on pacoe rd near meadow hieghts... drainer... he opened my bonnet n looked with a torch then said i should sell my car LOL. then his like he'l let me off bcos i got my licence in 2006 or something. Nice guy but.

Geraus

..yeah if you got your license in any time before 1st july 2007, your allowed to drive a turbo or v8 as long as its under power-weight ratio

Geraus

..yeah if you got your license in any time before 1st july 2007, your allowed to drive a turbo or v8 as long as its under power-weight ratio

i got my r33 gtst when i was on my green p's (NSW) mind you i got my license before the rules came in, but that being said i didnt get pulled over once by the police about my car. Two occasions for random breath tests, and both times the cops didnt say a thing about my car. I didnt really pay any attention for the laws they brought in so i didnt ever read up on them, do they apply to each state?? or just a few in particular?? because not one of my friends have been pulled over and fined for their turbo cars yet?? maybe just lucky haha. im in albury/wodonga which is on the border of NSW/VIC, maybe our small town cops are just a bit slow to read up on what they are supposed to enforce these days

hahahahahahahaahhahahahahaahah

hehe, glad someone else has a sense of humour :)

but also guys, stealth is the way to go... I have an aftermarket turbo, but I made a turbo heatsheild/cop sheild out of my old non turbo manifold sheild. A cop picked me up, tried to stick his torch around my engine bay and get a look at the turbo, he couldnt, he said the sheild doesn't look like it came out like that from factory ( but he couldn't be sure - i must have done an alright job) I said its just so I dont burn myself when changing the sparks... and it does its job well... *cough* deflecting cops .... and another set of issues avoided ;)

I have pics of it if you want to get some ideas :)

Adam

my only prob ive had so far is that i got asked for my license during a booze bus cuz they culd see it was a turbo n she looked and goes thank you cya

i was like shittin myself cuz ive never been asked for my license first thing was i thought i go caught for drink driving however I WASNT drinking at all lol so then i went right to oh shit tis a turbo and it was ok lol

i pray 2 god everynight i dont get hasseled i find if u drive normally u dont have a problem and as long as u havnt been reported into hoon hotline they shuld leave u alone...my sisters bf drives a twin turbo soarer for 1 and half years while being on his p's and he never had an issue and its a friken twin turbo

i have a r32 gtst and on green p's but hardly get hassled...only recently on a epa test and my car passed the exhaust test. gotta love the oval kakimoto's.

i also notice that they pick on the people that have been naughty in the past like with speeding fines, red lights and other crap. i ahd a cop sit on my ass for ages in the city...he followed me everywhere. i could see him typing away on his little computer thing probably looking up my details and then he just left.

but yeh another factor is that if u drive like an idiot, ur more then likely to be pulled over.

Hi Team,

I am on my green Ps, got my license after July 1st blah blah, so its illegal for me to drive a turbo.

I have a 4 door 32, don't drive it every day, just a few times a week. I don't no if its because its a 4 door, maybe other 4 door owners can confirm, but i don't seem to attract as much attention.

I have been pulled over and defected, and been in many places/situations where I am more likely to be attracting attention.

But I have not been fined, and have been through many breath tests, and despite even being detained by the side of the road for 2 hours once, still haven't been done on the new laws.

I do think it has a lot to do where you live as well. I am in the south eastern suburbs, 10-15 mins from the city, the cops (with the exception of Prahran police(chapel st / Princes HWY ) seem to be cool as long as you drive in a sensible manner.