SAU Community

Dyno Tune

Nismo_DriftKing

DYNO  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hi guys,

i am after a diagnostic dyno tune for r33 gtst SII , who is the best dyno tuner in melbourne ?

any comments about selectmaz @ epping

thanks guys

like Dezz said dont go there

from northern suburbs take your car to CREATD Motorsports in Campbellfield

Rob is a good tuner :O

Dr Drift in Brooklyn/Tottenham or Status Tuning in Dandenong. Had good experiences with both and reccommend. Use whichever is closer :dry:

Both can tune most ECU's or re-map the stock ECU. Both can also do dyno runs to check your AFR's, etc. if that's all you're wanting.

Edited by llama_au

diagnostic dyno (check the car health) plus standard ECU tuneup........

theres only 1 or 2 places in melbourne who can tune the stock ecu (dr drift can do it, and someone said status tuninig can do it too)

most cant touch it and most dont care about tuning it either

its known as remapping it

when asking for pricing say you want a health check and a stock ecu remap

if you ask for a dyno tune some workshops will plonk the car on the dyno

run it up and go yeah its ok and maybe adjust the timing 1 degree and say they've tuned it

a remap is a complete retune of the ECU map data and id expect to pay around $400 for this

who cares I have seen and heard bad stories about most of the listed workshops - in addition all the big names listed, CREATED, RE, RACEPACE etc have done good work for many cars and friends I know - "thats just my personal opinion going by facts"

who cares I have seen and heard bad stories about most of the listed workshops - in addition all the big names listed, CREATED, RE, RACEPACE etc have done good work for many cars and friends I know - "thats just my personal opinion going by facts"

If that so Go by it Khunjeng.

I'm just informing. I never said "DONT GO THERE"

Its up to you where you take your pride and joy. At the end of the day, You get what you paid for... And I'm happy with who tunes my car. So there..

• 1 month later...
:P how much is a diagnostic dyno? (standard price)

between 80-120, depends on time taken to do diagnosis. A full electronic diagnosis can be done in the drive way with consult or datascan software. A dyno run with consult datalog is about $80, a couple of runs to setup boost controller etc and diagnosis is $120.

remmeber as R31Nismoid said there is NOTHING to tune on the std computer apart from timing (which should be part of the $80 dyno run) the only way to TUNE a std computer is to remap it and on R33 prepare to pay a MINIMUM of $700 regardless of shop, the only way to get a cheaper remap is to order it froma forum guy on here called Toshi, as a rule im not a fan of over the counter remaps as ive seen countless cars with unsafe tunes in them.

Edited by URAS