SAU Community

Any One Come Across This Site?

hey i was just browsin the net and came across this site havent had a proper look but yea sounds good tradecarview.com

TradeCarView is NOT a good place to find decent cars as most of the dealers listing cars there lie about the car and it’s condition because they know it’s all individual buyers overseas so by the time you know they have lied it will be too late to do anything. We try to counter this by checking all cars in person before buying however most sellers on TradeCarView will not allow us to check the cars which only makes us think that they are being more dishonest. It’s common for sellers here to list rubbish condition cars at low prices but make them appear to be excellent condition, or simply take photos of cars they don’t even own and list them for such a cheap price that someone would buy without asking too much – we have seen many scams like this from dodgy sellers (more than half of them!)

TradeCarView is NOT a good place to find decent cars as most of the dealers listing cars there lie about the car and it's condition because they know it's all individual buyers overseas so by the time you know they have lied it will be too late to do anything. We try to counter this by checking all cars in person before buying however most sellers on TradeCarView will not allow us to check the cars which only makes us think that they are being more dishonest. It's common for sellers here to list rubbish condition cars at low prices but make them appear to be excellent condition, or simply take photos of cars they don't even own and list them for such a cheap price that someone would buy without asking too much – we have seen many scams like this from dodgy sellers (more than half of them!)

can you recommend a good site i can browes?

Let us know what you are looking for and we can search around all of the good known sources and websites, call specific dealers that we know sell what you are after, start to browse auctions for you, etc. ... basically we are here to help you find a car and make sure it's from a trustworthy seller and/or in expected condition before you buy!

Be very careful with dealer stock or the exporters who spam out bargains they have as in the last couple of weeks I know of 3 cars being crushed/exported and they were all ex stock in Japan, they were not independently inspected correctly and was just off a verbal that they were ok for compliance.

DOTARS have suggested workshops put better systems in place when it comes inspecting vehicles and they wouldn't do it for the hell of it, who ever says the car is ok for compliance should be held responsible if it is rejected for obvious things that a trained monkey could see.

Larger image is a R33 GTR and smaller one is from a R32 GTR.

post-5805-1221731667_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1221732072_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

I agree completely Nigel, there are too many dodgy exporters who do not care once they have your money which is why you must get someone to check the car well and/or make sure you are buying from a reliable and trustworthy source, or at least have the car independantly inspected before buying to make sure you don't get something unexpected.

Damn that rust is nasty.

The other issue with tradecarview is that many of the cars on there are dummy stock, designed to generate enquiries, which makes for a lot of frustration.

Edited by Iron Chef

Those Skylines are plain nasty.

I remember 10 years ago, I had a mate who bought a GTiR pulsar and for some strange reason still bought it from the same shop in Adelaide even though he knew the same guy was trying to sell another GTiR that had a bent chassis...

Boggles the mind but what pisses me off more than any of that is the fact its still happening.

If it wasnt for f*ktards like this we would still have a 3 month Personal Import restriction and Id be going through 4 cars a year. :)

Boggles the mind but what pisses me off more than any of that is the fact its still happening.

It is happening because car sales every were are down be it in Australia or Japan and people are desperate to make money, their is no difference with a car dealer trying to make a quick buck at someone else's expense be it Japan or Australia.

If it wasnt for f*ktards like this we would still have a 3 month Personal Import restriction and Id be going through 4 cars a year. ;)

How does this have anything to do with the personal import ruling change, wasn't it due to people trying to make a quick buck and were abusing the system by bringing in 4 cars for every family member be it mum, dad or the 18 year old son, no family goes through 12 cars a year then says they were all for personal use.

Here are a couple more from my collection of different cars, one is an attempt on patching up a rust hole (finger print in the bog didn't help), the other shows part of the lovely welding job done on a radiator support panel, also the rust in the R33 GTR was both sides.

post-5805-1221745105_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1221745300_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1221745944_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hang on.

Go back and have a read at what you typed.

Just because business is down, is there any justification in shonkifying cars to make ends meet or are you past the point of blaming the Government?

Oh so because the rules are there they cant be "abided by"?

Seriously mate - i couldnt give a toss who they were going through - knowing me, id have 4 cars a year ezy.

Not sure what the family and friends line was all about.

I was of the assumption that if these are the rules - stick to them. Fullstop.

Who says i couldnt have 4 a year? Each and every one of those cars would have been for personal use...

You?

No - its the dodgy bastards that were bringing in scrap metal, undercutting the regulations and selling them off full price to unsuspecting buyers that are sinking the industry.

Your photos are proof.

Yet, here you are, trying to justify what you have condemned in many other posts ive seen you type.

As if you, knowing cars and the rules, would see a car like that and go, "Yeah, thatll do. Tidy it up, and get rid of it." Or, "Lets dodgy this up. Noone will suspect a thing. Im desperate for the cash man. Business is tight."

Youve plenty of integrity and all the credit too you.

Id rather a modest income than a large one where i have to screw people to get what i want because of my greed.

I never said anything about justifying the cars that have rust or are damaged then they are being sold in Japan to unsuspecting buyers who import them into Australia, I was stating a fact which anybody in the industry can see is happening.

All of these cars were crushed by different workshops but it is a lot more common these days and is being addressed by DOTARS and other means, no justification in any way so I don't know how you read it that way.

Adam I think you've read it wrong.

Nigel is saying that human nature is the same no matter where you are - for a car dealer in Japan, if sales start plummeting, then you're gonna get desperate to offload stock, and when you know a car has a chance of going overseas with the buyer having next to no chance of getting their money back off you once it arrives, it's tempting to be a little "economical with the truth" for the sake of making a sale.

Of course, it's the buyer (and often the broker, if they're involved) who bears the brunt of these sorts of things, and faced with prospect of telling a private customer that their car is worthless, some workshops (with the best of intentions, I might add) have tried their hardest to bring "borderline" cars up to a registerable standard. The ones in the pics Nigel has shown are presumably the ones that John West rejects...

DoTaRS has recently said that things have to be tightened up a little more, because it's the thin end of the wedge in some respects, and one of the suggestions made was that importers make sure the cars are physically inspected by an independent party in Japan so that they don't end up losing more money bringing a worthless car into the country. You'll find that most import brokers, for example, will already have such procedures in place.

Oh and back in the days when you only had to own your car for 3 months before you could bring it in as a personal import, you still had to wait 12 months before you could do the next one, same as now ;)

Edited by Iron Chef

I never said anything about justifying the cars that have rust or are damaged then they are being sold in Japan to unsuspecting buyers who import them into Australia, I was stating a fact which anybody in the industry can see is happening.

All of these cars were crushed by different workshops but it is a lot more common these days and is being addressed by DOTARS and other means, no justification in any way so I don't know how you read it that way.

"It is happening because car sales every were are down be it in Australia or Japan and people are desperate to make money, their is no difference with a car dealer trying to make a quick buck at someone else's expense be it Japan or Australia."

Maybe i over read it.

When i saw this, it sounded to me like you were trying to justify, not through any fault of your own, the goings on within the industry.

Ultimately, i feel sorry for the poor bastards who are getting cars like that and cant do anything about them... :down:

It's definitely 'buyer beware' on tradecarview at the moment.

I feel sorry for customers who get shafted by sellers on there. But we've also seen some ignorant customers (i.e. buying a civic and shipping it here to Melbourne with no knowledge whatsoever of the real process) who should have done more research.

It's not like you're buying a SanDisk 2 GB sd card for F's sake, you're buying a car.

Would you buy from someone with 0 feedback on eBay (tradecarview has no feedback system) if a car was interstate? (with no way to get an inspection, no way to verify anything basically). Most people wouldn't buy a car interstate based purely on trust, so it baffles me why they would do it internationally.

Still, we've seen some decent compliance cars come through tradecarview, but also some rust buckets as well.

Basically remember that the Japanese domestic still uses the auction system as well, so there's a good chance these tradecarview cars are coming from auction anyways. Just cut out the middleman and get a decent buyer in Japan yourself. There are tons of threads on SAU already about this. (Then call us for compliance, or use our buyer and we guarantee compliance).

"It is happening because car sales every were are down be it in Australia or Japan and people are desperate to make money, their is no difference with a car dealer trying to make a quick buck at someone else's expense be it Japan or Australia."

Maybe i over read it.

When i saw this, it sounded to me like you were trying to justify, not through any fault of your own, the goings on within the industry.

Ultimately, i feel sorry for the poor bastards who are getting cars like that and cant do anything about them... :down: