SAU Community

R32 Gtr (import) Nsw Rego Problems

sinstr

Hi,

I was hoping someone may be able to give me a hand ASAP.. Car waiting at engineers now. Will give you a rundown of my problem.

Im currently having a problem getting my recently purchased 1989 R32 GTR (import) registered in NSW. The car was brought in VIC and has current VIC rego, with import compliance and an engineers cert in VIC.

I have at this stage taken for a blue slip to which the guy told me I need an engineers cert because it is an import and it is coming interstate. (Mind you I called RTA before buying the car and they said nothing of an engineers cert - useless!)

So I have taken it to an engineer and fixed up all issues with the R32 but the engineer has just spoken to me and told me that the seatbelts and headlights in the car dont have the required markings on them to certify they are legal in Australia

(He checked windows etc and everything else has appropriate markings, it has also had child restraints put in)

Can anyone confirm what I will have to do and if the headlights/seatbelts need these markings. Also if they dont have the markings are they actually legal in aus.

Appreciate any help on the matter.

Cheers,

Mitch.

this advice is spot on (greg runs a workshop that issues blue slips himself so he knows!).

and as I stated in your other of the 3 threads you started:

mate, 1 thread is enough. there is no surer way to piss people off on a forum than the sign up and start 3 threads on one topic to try and glean info. in future, start 1 thread in the appropriate section, then patiently wait for someone to respond with some help.

this one stays as it's the first one I saw. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...ra-t236568.html