SAU Community

Noises From Beneath ?

I've got a mate who has an R33 gts 4door yes its sad not turbo but anyway he has a ticking sound coming from the dash near the climate control/ head unit area and hit only happens when he starts the car up. it will tick 18 times. the first 5 times are the same speed and the next 5 are faster then the next faster then the last faster then it stops. i havent had a chance to lokk at it but thought id go to the experts to get an idea where to start. i think it may be the fan in the air con but dont really no whats behind there. Any ideas?

cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• The 5 spd AWD boxes are all like-for like. They might not all be identical (covering >10 yrs of production means that many parts were updated as they went) but they are the same thing. You're not going to be swapping to auto.
    • Oh, oops, yeah, I'm getting the cams in the 2.5 replaced, so the above factory 2.0 cam specs don't mean 5hit, but, after alot of googling it seems the factory 2.5 cams don't like to rev So, yeah, there is that 🤣
    • Update - new drop of oil noticed. Leak seems to be continuing, but a slow/small one. 
    • Hey y'all! So I am the owner of a shiny new '99 ENR34 25GT-Four, 5spd manual. Took it to the tire shop to get new shoes. They mismatched the front and rear axles (225/40s on rear, 225/45s on front), so AWD system went bonkers for the next day. Took it back in, they fixed it, but I noticed about 8-9 big drops of red fluid in my parking spot. Leaking has stopped, but it's clear that the transfer case may have been stressed/hurt by this debacle. I'm taking it in for inspection tomorrow. If things are FUBAR, I have a few questions. - ENR34 manual transmission transfer cases seem impossible to source. Can a GTR transfer case fit? Or if not the whole thing, just seals or components? GTR is 6spd, mine's 5spd, so I'm thinking no, but lmk. - Finding a few RB25DE NEO AWD auto transmissions for sale, for decently cheap. If my only option is to swap to auto, what else will I need besides an auto-specific gauge cluster, and associated wiring? - I imagine the R32/33 GTS4 transmissions/transfer cases are a no-go? They're not NEO engines, so unsure. - RB25DET/4WD setup from the Stagea, any parts that transfer over? I did search up for this on SAU and google, very little info covered.   This is my first post, so apologies for breaking any rules, please let me know, and thanks for the help.