SAU Community

Rocker Cover Breather Fitting An Style

tufrx3

What do people think of these?

I made up a few for a friend of mine, and it lets you put AN fittings for the breather and cleans up the engine bay a little. (i personally think its better than the current standard fitting)

Rockercoverfittingfordashfittings.jpg

Also i know this is not a Skyline engine, though i thought that i will put it up. Just shows how people fabricate their engines....

Motor006.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not bad for a commodore 8 :P

push in inserts are nice, saves welding and less permanent - what they worth each? since a weld on is about $7

About 50.00 a pair.

You need to bare in mind that the weld on ones are produced by the thousands and maybe in china too.

About 50.00 a pair.

You need to bare in mind that the weld on ones are produced by the thousands and maybe in china too.

i understand the costing factor of low production items, add that to the $100 is AN fittings and shes up there. very nice work though and design looks good.

is it designed for a compliance fit?

The fit is tight. The pic you see is the first design. I made them now with a little lead in so that they are easier to fit or push in. These have only been put on a rb26 rocker cover so far, i am not sure if the rb20/25 is a little different in size?

But that makes really no difference as i can make them to any size..

I know that AN fittings are expensive but they do look good and do the trick...

i understand the costing factor of low production items, add that to the $100 is AN fittings and shes up there. very nice work though and design looks good.

is it designed for a compliance fit?

Is there an easy way of removing the breather stock fittings?

I stuck a screw driver in mine and turned the breather side to side while lifting up. Popped out on seconds.

Karl if you can make them for a 25 im in.

I have made up a few for a 20 and a 25...

I stuck a screw driver in mine and turned the breather side to side while lifting up. Popped out on seconds.

Karl if you can make them for a 25 im in.

we did that 308 for someone.. with hand made pulleys and all..

I have also made RB Crank collars

crankcollar.jpg

Oil gallery restrictor orifice (1.5mm)

DSC01197.jpg

Will soon have a new oil pump done... with different profile to others for more flow and also a different drive mechanism to reduce the weak point thats in the current drive mechanism...