SAU Community

Marques In The Park 2008 Nov 23

CeJay

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be in Civic tonight but I can't make it to our Friday night spot so I'll just post here - like previous years I'll just be at the Futsal stadium about 8:15am on Sunday morning to get my entry sticker, and anyone that wants to join me on the pre-show cruise to Marques in the Park can meet me there.

A quick update,

I'm running a little late this morning.

I spoke to the organisor last night and he said he would organise a different location and tell everybody at the fotsal stadium. (wet park = no traction for 2wd's). We might end up at DFO??? who knows.

There has been no email to say it has been cancelled.

UPDATE: Just confirmed, it is still on and at the same location. MICK!!! please bring the tent early. Everyone else, bring some umbrellas until it fines up.

Great turn out everyone. Huge success.

The banner looked great. Big thanks to Stinkypoo for the use of the R31 banner poles as we seemed to be missing something. I have the poles at my house.

We ended up with about 16 cars all up, and considering the weather, that was huge.

Special guest apparence by a tough R34 GTR towards the end, and we might just see it's younger sibling at "Wheels" in March.

We need to encourage a few more skylines to attend the "Wheels" event, particularly those many R33 and R34 GTRs in Canberra. If you know of someone, please invite them. If we get enougth GTRs attending we will make a special formation for them.

Thanks lads for a great day, it was great to finally meet some of you and put a few faces to names. There was some truly standout cars today from our ranks and other factions, fantastic to see a strong turn out even in less than appropriate conditions.

Until the next time we meet,

Rob Mz

totally forgot about this today ... damn

I was originally going to go on a NSW cruise with my other car club but had to bail from the other cruise due to a lack of funds ...

If I remembered bout this I would have come along instead ...

I didnt get to come until just before everyone left :yes: But the few cars i saw i liked!!

(If anyone was there at the very end I was there with the guy with the white r33 with the 400RGTR front bar, carbon fibre bonnet and it arrived with a black Nissan GTIR) I know there were two people I met, one with the black skyline (Very last to leave) And a guy with a silver GTR that mentioned the wheels event in March to us.

If it was in another 3 weeks I would have been there with my Skyline!

I know there were two people I met, one with the black skyline (Very last to leave) And a guy with a silver GTR that mentioned the wheels event in March to us.

If it was in another 3 weeks I would have been there with my Skyline!

I was the GTR. Sorry I had to run off so quickly. Sounds like you should have a car ready for wheels display in March.

I was the GTR. Sorry I had to run off so quickly. Sounds like you should have a car ready for wheels display in March.

Haha, Nice to meet you :D

yeah!! I will bring mine there and Reese (the guy with te r33 that i was with) will probably have his there also but i will find out :)