SAU Community

Full Wiring Diagram R34 Gtr

Alecci

My instrument cluster (also known as combination meter) is not working, and after trouble-shooting the issue myself for two months I've finally sent the car to a professional workshop. It seems that they need a full wiring diagram in order to get any further. I've tried searching for one on most other big Skyline boards that I know of without any luck, and of course I've also tried using Google.

I've got the Workshop Manual and Service Supplement for the R34, but there's no wiring diagram that contains the info needed in there. Sources on the web recommend using these two manuals in combination with the wiring diagram, so it seems there should be one out there. Any hints to where I can get my hands on one of them?

I have the R34 manual as well. It should be all contained with in that but usually all the info is not on the same page so you have to hunt around. If you can tell me exactly what it not doing ill see if i can help you out witht he page numbers.

Cheers

Ross

I have the R34 manual as well. It should be all contained with in that but usually all the info is not on the same page so you have to hunt around. If you can tell me exactly what it not doing ill see if i can help you out witht he page numbers.

Cheers

Ross

The instruments stopped working suddenly during a run on the rolling road.

Symptoms as follows:

- Water Temp, Rev Meter, Speedometer, Oil Pressure Gauge and Fuel Gauge are not working, all needles stay at the bottom when ignition is turned/engine is started.

- Combination Meter lighting and lights for high beam, turning indicators and fog light are working.

- If I understood the manual correctly, the MFD get its information via the combination meter. On the MFD, the Water Temp gauge is flashing red and showing a constant 130° C, the Boost Gauge is constantly showing -0.760 kg/cm2 while all the others are working fine.

- The alternator is not charging.

- The Apexi ECU shows some of these values (visible by using the Commander), for example Water Temp and Revs.

What we've checked:

- All fuses have been checked over, and over, and over again. No faulty fuses.

- I've replaced the Nismo combination meter with my standard one twice. No differences.

- I've checked all connectors behind the combination meter, no loose ends or anything.

- Water Temp Sensor is working properly.

- I found a group of torn wires under the car, right next to the middle axle that runs from the transfer case to the front diff. I worked them out and reconnected them all, carefully matching all the colors, and checking and re-checking that I got it right.

- No other torn wires or loose cable ends that wasn't there before the instrumentation stopped working.

It seems that the professionals can get no further than I have without a proper full wiring diagram. I've got the following:

R34 Service Supplement, 18.3 MB (18,775 kB)

R34 Workshop Manual, 12.6 MB (12,966 kB)

Apparently none of them contains that particular wiring diagram that the workshop is looking for.

Many thanks for yor help!

Well that is a fun one. Im guessing that the work shop are looking for a diagram that shows all the wiring and its location on the body.

Ok give me a day to have a look would be better if i could access the car but unless your are willing to pay for my flights (yay freee holiday :) ) its a bit hard.

Those torn wires would be the gear box speed sensor etc.

Ill get back to you asap

Ross

My instrument cluster (also known as combination meter) is not working, and after trouble-shooting the issue myself for two months I've finally sent the car to a professional workshop. It seems that they need a full wiring diagram in order to get any further. I've tried searching for one on most other big Skyline boards that I know of without any luck, and of course I've also tried using Google.

I've got the Workshop Manual and Service Supplement for the R34, but there's no wiring diagram that contains the info needed in there. Sources on the web recommend using these two manuals in combination with the wiring diagram, so it seems there should be one out there. Any hints to where I can get my hands on one of them?

Hi Alex,

I have Circuit Diagrams on disk (PDF Format) for the Combination Meter as well as Triple Meter.

It's all contained in my R34 Workshop Manual on disk.

I hope that's what you're after...

Perhaps I can send the Disk to Sweden for you eh?

I was in Stockholm in '04. Should've waved. hehe

Regards,

Terry :banana:

Alex,

Is there any chance you could send me a copy of the supp. via email.

So far the only thing the service manual indicates is that it could be the meter controll unit which is a part of the combo meter, so thats not it. I am going to have a look in FAST tonight for connectors in the loom that could have disconnected but we will see what happens.

Ross

ok i have been having a look at the info i have. I can not find a complete wiring diagram so that makes it hard.

I am worried at how you had "group of torn wires under the car", do you know how this happend (stupid question i know) Looking at the wiring looms i can not find a secondary unit that controlls the instruments. All i can think of is there are several join connectors in a loom, maybe one of these has come undone.

Sorry its not much help but ill keep having a look.

I do have a pic of the locations were the loom sit on the body if that helps.

Ross