I Hate Sunday Drivers!

Anahera

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about that.

Skylines are in the wars lately :P

+1, I reckon, this just happened today, when I came back to my car from uni, I found a lancer up on my car's arse. Apparently the driver forgot to put her handbrake on, when she parked & this caused the car to slide downwards from the slop & right into my car's arse.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

+1, I reckon, this just happened today, when I came back to my car from uni, I found a lancer up on my car's arse. Apparently the driver forgot to put her handbrake on, when she parked & this caused the car to slide downwards from the slop & right into my car's arse.

wtf.

Any damage? i would of kicked the shit out of the lancer... literally.

^^^

Some faint marks on the bumper, think my metal exhaust cannon absorbed most of the impact. Made a big dent in the lancer.

I waited for the driver to come back, & the 2 girls where saying a bunch of sorrys, except they didn't want to pay anything...

Long story short, mainly cause, I had some stretch marks on the side of the bumper near (but not on it) where their car hit mine, saying that the damage there is much more significant than the one they caused.

& when I said I don't want them to pay for the repair of my other marks thats on the side, just the portion to fix this bit up.Then they said, how it would be impossible to find out how much to fix it, since you need to respray the whole bumper, bla bla bla, mainly mentioning how its faint & you can't see it, well maybe you can't see it, but I can.

They also tried to play the "I'm so sorry, I'll willing to help out (except I don't want to pay)... want this to end nice, don't want this to end bad bla bla bla" card.

But sorry sister! That card don't work on me, the only thing that settles conflicts in this world in my book is $.

Anyway, In the end, she agreed to come with me to my panel repairer next Wednesday to get quote(s) on the repairs & she will pay the amount to repair those marks.

I'm not expecting her to pay much ($50 at most I reckon) but thats $50 less for me to pay which is always good in my book ;) & considering I only get ~$60 per shift for work, thats alot.

& finally, I'm not gonna act all high & mighty & say "its not the $ but its the principle that matters", it isn't for me, its the $ that matters. & Yes, coz I'm very cheap, (read my signature, comes from the family).

Yes it is true, everything comes in 3's!!!

i hope nothing else happens to my car, this is only the 2nd really bad prang :)

****dont jinx myself*****

So true, think this is my 3rd strike of bad luck since last week.

1- some c*nt baned their door on my car at work, leaving a big white mark.

2- I failed my lab for one of my units... well this was kinda expected since I always do sh*t in them, just this one was sh*t-er than usual.

3- & now this...

EDIT: Took some photos, just uploaded via BT from my phone to the laptop

Photo0122.jpg

Yeah, they were mainly talking about how the stratches here are worser than the ones they caused at the back... that doesn't mean you can walk away without paying a cent, not in my book sister.

Photo0126.jpg

Photo0131.jpg

No handbrakes :P

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0136.jpg

Finally, apologies to Anahera for hijacking your thread.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Erin, sorry to hear!! Although its not my style, I love this car, it's immaculate. :(. And from my point of veiw, if you hit someone it's your fault!! Even if you run up the back of them, cos your either too close or not paying attension. Hope to see you out cruising again soon!!

George, that's f**ked mate! And the fact she'll only pay to fix that bit is worse. Who cares if they're more scratches on it? She still dented it, she should pay for it. If your car rolled onto hers she'd expect u 2 repair it!! Lucky you got to the car first, what's the bet she'd do a runner?

George,

Have a read thru some legal documents.

Im pretty sure due to that fact she hit ur bumper, regardless of the fact that it already had some stratches, she still has to pay to fix it. As you cant just spray one small spot of ur bumper to fix what she did, u have to spray all of it. Otherwise the colour wont match. The fact in doing so will fix the other stratches is besides the point.

I remember reading some about this in my legal studies, tho im not 100% sure. So have a chat with a few more "legal minded" people.

I dont think of it as being cheap, it was her fault for not putting her handbrake up, so she should pay for it. I would of done the same thing as u did.

Tell me one thing.... was she blonde?