SAU Community

Sydney Gtr Dealers

GTR R35

I heard a confirmed rumour that a certain large Nissan dealership in Brookvale will be one of the 2 sydney dealers.

Pity I cancelled the GTR order I had with them...

Apparently Nissan will be making a formal announcement in October.

Ive spotted the Haltech/Envy 35 driving into said Brookvale dealer when they launched the new service/parts building. Got photo evidence too :banana: Wouldnt suprise me if they got dealership status for the 35, big money been poured into that dealer in the last couple of years.

Ive spotted the Haltech/Envy 35 driving into said Brookvale dealer when they launched the new service/parts building. Got photo evidence too :banana: Wouldnt suprise me if they got dealership status for the 35, big money been poured into that dealer in the last couple of years.

might be wrong but is the brookvale nissan dealership also owned by the same people running bmw, mini & honda? (maybe more)

I heard a confirmed rumour that a certain large Nissan dealership in Brookvale will be one of the 2 sydney dealers.

oh, so not any of the other Nissan dealerships in Brookvale then? :ninja:

Looks like I was right about Col Crawfords being one of the dealers.

If I had kept my order, I would have been 1st GTR sold at CCM :P

It seems dealers will be getting 3 cars per month from April. With Brookvale already taking *a few* orders that will push any new deliveries (post today) out to august/september next year.

Does anyone know how many orders Cambelltown have taken thus far?

Yes there are quite a few people placing orders with Col Crawford Nissan now that only two dealers will be selling the R35 GTR. I work there myself and cant wait to be able to look at one from my desk all day :P

Do you know how many have been ordered at Cambelltown? Also if you order via Dealer A, can you get servicing at Dealer B? I assume so but this car is a tad dfferent to normal Nissans i suppose, so you never know. (eit: i believe you can only get the cars serviced at propert certified GTR dealers right?)

Edited by LSX-438

Brookvale and Campbelltown :dry::):rofl:

What planet are these guys from Nissan on :kiss:

No one with $150K is going to go to Campbelltown to buy a GTR. Even Brookvale is far from ideal, the appropriate demographic is City, Eastern Suburbs. Lower North Shore and Inner West. Where the BMW, Mercedes and Porsche dealers are. :P

But you don't have choice do you? There aren't any decent Nissan dealerships in those areas are there? that's because other than the GTR you sell low demographic cars that compete on price alone. Just another reason why selling GTR's through the current dealer network is a joke. Once the "new GTR" charisma has worn off, no one is going to drive to Campbelltown or Brookvale to buy one, let alone get it serviced and stand in line with the great unwashed.

No cheers for Nissan Australia

Gary

I dont really see what the problem with Col Crawford is... They have just poured millions into a new Parts & Service facility and its an amazing building. They seem to be doing something right with BMW as that sector has only grown over the past few years. GTRs would be selling to the same demographic of people as those buying M3s and the like. Luxury sport cars are what Col Crawford is all about when it comes to brand new, so why wouldnt Nissan Australia choose this massive dealership network to showcase their pride and joy?

And as for the location, Peninsula Holden is one of the largest, as well as GBrothers Merc in Mona Vale.

The Northern Beaches is a prosperous area and the surrounding suburbs are filled with population that has cash for cars like the GTR. You have some fairly 'rich' suburbs within 10 minutes drive, like Mosman, Gladesville, Belrose, St Ives etc. Even from the CBD Brookvale is 15 minutes in light traffic. Brookvale is about as close to the 'Lower North Shore' as you'll get without being in the area altogether.

^^^ This guy is on the right track as i said i work at Col Crawfords and it is a huge dealership we have got the new multi million dollar workshop / service / parts centre which if anyone hasn't already should go and check it out. We are 10 franchises and 5 used car yards not small in my books and Mich we now own peninsula holden so it is now Col Crawford holden and is moving in the next few weeks from Dee Why to Brookvale opposite the mall medical centre .

And Sydneykid Nissan didn't just decide that Col Crawford and Campbelltown would get the GTR by they pulling them out of a hat, it was earned on performance and figures giving us and Campbelltown platinum dealer status.

Edited by SLO-W32

Ah, so thats why they cleaned out the renault & kia showrooms! I was wondering what all the new signs that they are putting up were. Good to see the lion go under the Crawfords banner.

Cant wait to see some GTRs on the showroom floor. ;)

EDIT: Just had a thought, do you mean opposite the medical center as in next to the bus depot? If so.. HOLY CRAP.

Edited by Mitch_Rona

Ah, so thats why they cleaned out the renault & kia showrooms! I was wondering what all the new signs that they are putting up were. Good to see the lion go under the Crawfords banner.

Cant wait to see some GTRs on the showroom floor. :(

EDIT: Just had a thought, do you mean opposite the medical center as in next to the bus depot? If so.. HOLY CRAP.

Na Mitch you are correct in that it will be located where the renault, kia and suzuki showrooms were. Renault will now be joined in between Nissan and Hyundai showrooms and are there now and kia / suzuki will be the next building going north from Nissan on pittwater road where the TAB was.