SAU Community

Help Me Decide Skyline Non Turbo Or Wrx

r34 coupe is big and r34 sedan even bigger so space is no problem. manual would be the way to go obviously unless u just like to cruise so auto would do but i've heard bad things about the semi auto in the 34.

I'm curious - what have you heard about the R34 semi auto ?

having owned a stagea s2 with the same gearbox in it, i was pretty impressed with it. admittedly the first thing i did was get a shift kit installed, but that was more a matter of taste than anything else. if you want smooth gear changes then stock is better.

in my experience (2 years and over 50,000kms of driving it) it was a very solid box and probably the best auto box i've ever used. previous cars were a nissan silvia turbo auto and nissan silvia non-turbo auto, both of those autos were good but not as good as the stagea/r34 auto.

Not saying I dont believe you, just curious as to what bad things you've heard?

Also, for the record, and keeping on topic, the turbo car will be much more fun, so if you're comparing with a r34 25gt then go the wrx but if comparing to a r34 25gt-t then go the skyline for sure! :)

Just stick with the corolla man..

if you are going to be so tight about fuel consumption and this is obviously your first turbo car after the above comment, you are going to be driving the ring off any car you get, and therefore the fuel consumption above of 11/100km is never going to be seen by you.

I dont want to stick with the corolla man hence the question. Anyway i am willing to look into a turbo skyline but after research. Thats why it was never really considered. I would rather research and ask questions than buy a turbo skyline and decide to sell it.

I wouldn't mind a non turbo skyline. The extractors etc wouldn't be so i can beat a GTR etc at the lights. I just want the nice sound and other things.

Nice fuel consumption on your car mate. Every time i see this i think i should get a turbo skyline. Its just that this cars take 98octane so keep thinking at the back of my mind it may cost a bit to drive around.

He said about 15litres but he does have extra boost (or some word he used) and different fuel pumps etc and computer.

Anyway i am really going to look into the Skyline turbos. 12litres doesnt sound too bad.

Any idea what revs the RPM kicks in. Something to consider in stop go driving.

if he had a computer tune, then the car would be running even more efficient. As with stock computers, it just dumps in fuel causing it to run rich...

Usually boost comes in at 3000rpm+, so driving below 3000rpm is no hassle.

The r33 gtst and r34 gtt would have better fuel economy than r32's...

you want a little bit of go? cheap to run ?

it's called honda. vtec yo. b16a civic or something...

they have like 14/15 /16 inch wheels, cheap for tyres..

apparently they can take a flogging, very reliable,handle well.

plus they aren't that slow, probably faster then your average non turbo skyline.

but don't let me change your mind.

I dont want to stick with the corolla man hence the question. Anyway i am willing to look into a turbo skyline but after research. Thats why it was never really considered. I would rather research and ask questions than buy a turbo skyline and decide to sell it.

I wouldn't mind a non turbo skyline. The extractors etc wouldn't be so i can beat a GTR etc at the lights. I just want the nice sound and other things.

I'm selling a '95 r33 black skyline if your interested . PM me !!

Edited by manda23