SAU Community

Bang Noise Now No Boost! R32 Gtr

joeleo87

hey guys,

I was on my home from the mechanic, he just changed the oil filter and oil. on my way home, there was a bang noise from the left side of the engine and now no boost!!!!!!!!!!!

on the stk guage it wont go above 0 (its like the turbos will spool up but its not getting to the engine!)

i took it back to the mechanic and we checked the vacum lines on the plenum side (from the stk boost solenoid) and they are still attached. we checked to see if maybe the intercooler hose had popped off... we cant see anything around the intercooler??

please help me!!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had this problem before

My turbos blew once and didnt boost after ? what tiurbos are you running and were you fanging it??, but mabye thats not your case ? also had vacuum hose come out and lastly my boost controller shat itself .. could be ???

Edited by MRGTR911

stk turbos bro???

i wasnt fanging it, i dropped it back into 2nd to go around a corner, i wasnt thrashing it :)

i thought it was the turbos but i didnt get smoke from the exhaust so i didnt suspect the turbos?

could i have been wrong?

ooh. that sounds like a dead turbine wheel I hate to say.

If you have a hose off then the car usually won't want to idle well or at all.

Dead turbine is my bet, but I hope I am wrong.

If so, fingers crossed you haven't ceramic dusted the motor. Sadly this happens alot. You will find a pot or two down on compression on a test or losing compression on leak down. If it's the turbine make sure you get rid of the oil too.

Sorry i shouldve mentioned the extremely bad idle....

it goes to stall but picks up revs to keep the car alive!

its not AFMs ive just had them reconditioned to try and fix my random cutting out problem.

so the IC pipping guys?? its a stk IC, where should i look???

thanks for the help guys!

Its pretty easy, follow the pipes from the turbos to the IC, then from the IC to the plenum. Somewhere in there the pipe will be split/loose/not sealing 100%

On my one the big pipe that goes under the airbox would always come off under hard load until i got better clamps, you might find its just a shitty clamp thats letting you down