SAU Community

R35 Gtr Runs Fastest Lap Of Cars Tested On Opening Top Gear Aus

Keeper

Congrats to Nissan, it beat some porsche, some BMW and some Merc, oh and a lotus around their track in the new season of Top Gear Australia;

GTR time was 1:09 I think and the porche was around 1:11???

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep I can proudly say that it was the car that I imported for haltech/envy imports. It looked great, not sure how keen I am on their track though, but the GTR spanked the other cars they tested. GTR did 1:09, porsche 911 with TDK box did 1:11, lotus elise 1:12, M3 1:13 AMG merc of some kind was 1:13 too.

The main point is I couldn't believe how exacting their copy is of top gear UK. right down to the set, and the little "all I know is he's call the stig" speil... I would have thought they could at least do something original.

Anyway It was cool to see a car I imported featured on a mainstream TV show. :nyaanyaa:

yeah the show was pretty cool, I watched it with an open mind and I assume thats what was required to enjoy it, best thing is in a similar format we will see some local cars tested!

and ditto on the track, it seamed pretty GHAY to me, not many corners and a big straight, was taped at Camden Airport

Edited by Keeper

Aus version just doesnt do it for me. Seems aimed at the older, more mature, less right-boot inclined audience. Espically how they opened up with a review of the 4wd off-road style soft-roader market (that, surprisingly, did not include the ford territory?).

I dont think Australia has a diverse enough car market for this show to survive. UK TG has all of europe to draw from and a much larger financial base behind it, Aus TG seemed like a cheap knock-off to me. Espically the stunt with the sharks, who imagined that one? It was lame. Also the humour is bad, that short guy in the checkered shirt kept making really, really bad racially orintated jokes. They simply arent up to the same level of showmanship as Richard, Jeremy and Captin Slow.

And the track they have is shit. Which i saw coming. Theres nothing wrong with using one of the established motor sport tracks (just not QR, its equally as shit) we have. It seems to be aimed to allow Aussie cars to do well on. Many straights, less corners, holden fans will love it.

I dunno. It just seemed amaturish to me. Which is basically all I expected from a TG financed by the SBS.

Im 10 minutes in and i cannot believe how f**king stupid these wankers are.

First show in, and a 50k Rav6 nearly rolls off a dune.

Dickhead gets in the 560 Lambo, starts it up and then redlines it with a cold engine.

In a 550k car...

wtf.

I keep saying to myself, hang in for another few episodes. Force yourself to watch it may get better...

Then at the end the main host said they'd be doing ford v holden... Do I really want to watch?

Edited by Yo-Yo

that was the new carrera S

my mate was saying how its gona eat up the GTR about 5 seconds before they tested it -self owned :P

well beer baron thats a fkn nice car u brought into australia

im gona see it at the autosalon :miner:

so many haters...

yes it's not as good as uk tg but really. look at the budget, and the track did suck but give it a chance.

I thought it was quite good and will be watching it weekly.

It was fairly watchable albeit their choice in cars for their opening was groanworthy.

It was freaky how exactly the same everything was as the UK show, down to the camera work.

How awkward did the Stig look driving the GTR.

Rubbish track! Bankstown airport I saw in the credits is where they where doing the times?

I did learn a new word though - "poofteenth" I had to turn on the subtitles to see if I had caught it right!

Yeah too bad the moron in the stig mask couldnt drive it for shit.

lol @ auto stick gear change.

thats the worst ive ever seen the GTR driven.

lol what was he doing? he lost time in the start and thats the WORST track ever.

should have big bends and hair pins n shizz :P

lol what was he doing? he lost time in the start and thats the WORST track ever.

should have big bends and hair pins n shizz :)

The muppet was driving like a grandma, shifting with the stick, not the paddles - looked like he was crapping himself.

Theres no doubt it could go seconds faster than it did...

You could hear how slow it was shifting in "manual" mode, lol.

Do it again, i say.

The muppet was driving like a grandma, shifting with the stick, not the paddles - looked like he was crapping himself.

You've driven one haven't you? Then you would know that the paddles are the only method of manually shifting wouldn't you? Therefore, the shots were of a different cat :)

http://www.zercustoms.com/photos/Nissan-GT...T-R-32.jpg.html

Edited by Marlin