SAU Community

R35 Gtr Runs Fastest Lap Of Cars Tested On Opening Top Gear Aus

Keeper

You've driven one haven't you? Then you would know that the paddles are the only method of manually shifting wouldn't you? Therefore, the shots were of a different cat :)

http://www.zercustoms.com/photos/Nissan-GT...T-R-32.jpg.html

yeah a few times but thats the thing - i dont understand what the hell he was doing?

Switching between manual and auto on the fly?

And if it was Ingall, wtf was he doing?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit - i just clicked.

That dash isnt even anything remotely resembling the GTR - the vents are below there.

The farking sat nav is at the top with the awkward leather bulge on the left like the unit has been plonked on top.

What the f**k indeed!!!

Now THAT has torn it.

OMFG-Bunny.jpg

you need to relax man,

it was just the first episode for god sake! if you watch the first ever episode of top gear uk you will find that wasnt much chop either.

all im saying is just give it a chance.

i enjoyed it. it was top gear with an aussie twist, which was the whole idea.

you need to relax man,

it was just the first episode for god sake! if you watch the first ever episode of top gear uk you will find that wasnt much chop either.

all im saying is just give it a chance.

i enjoyed it. it was top gear with an aussie twist, which was the whole idea.

but it was pretty lame tho yeah?

Sif go on about the car then show a different interior...

Blank-Picard_Facepalm.jpg

The muppet was driving like a grandma, shifting with the stick, not the paddles - looked like he was crapping himself.

Theres no doubt it could go seconds faster than it did...

You could hear how slow it was shifting in "manual" mode, lol.

Do it again, i say.

mate I don't know what you were wathcing but the in-car was clearly not a GTR and you cannot 'shift' with the stick... it looked to me like he was driving some kind of conventional manual? no idea what car though but it was a long way from an R35 for the in-car. just usual half arsed editing.

mate I don't know what you were wathcing but the in-car was clearly not a GTR and you cannot 'shift' with the stick... it looked to me like he was driving some kind of conventional manual? no idea what car though but it was a long way from an R35 for the in-car. just usual half arsed editing.

No, no, i see that now...i didnt click at first.

lol. looks like maybe they just re-used some of the other in-car for the "GTR" footage. a bit lame...

Baron, the thing probably wouldn't run when they plugged the camera power into the ciggie lighter or something...... dang computers!

worst show ever, had to watch it in fast forward mode on foxtel so i dont fall asleep.

whats the point in interviewing thousands of people and making them send in videos of themselves. when top gear turnes around and pick the lamest most stupidest hosts ever. ( EVER )

TOP GEAR AUSTRALIA WHAT A JOKE.......................

I noticed the interior shot was wrong of the Stig supposedly driving the GT-R straight away! Editing of the lap sucked and the audio wasn't even of the GT-R. They could've at least given it a full review, although i wouldn't want ANY of the hosts driving the GT-R if i was the owner after watching this episode!

I'll still be watching with interest however - Wonder how bias they will be on the Holden and Ford next week? Awaiting lap times....

M3gtr: Chill winston, you're acting as if Top Gear Australia just ate your baby... it's just a show, don't watch it if you don't like it. It was never going to be as good as the UK version unfortunately

Very poor editing though, and they shouldn't have run all those cars at once. They should have done full features on all those cars in my opinion. We aren't as spoiled for selection as the UK, so they may run out of new stuff to test that is actually exciting

I thought the show was pretty ordinary but as somone else has stated it was the first show and i would think they wouldve had some jitters through out it no doubt. In saying that though, top gear in the uk started in i think 78, then when clarkson come on he made changes and the ratings went through the roof in 88 i think it was. I think by 5 episodes in sbs will find out where they are, whether the 1,000,000 dollar budget per episode is worth it for top gear or will they just get rid of it by the end of the 1st season. The 6 or 7 seconds they showed on the track were shit of those cars they ran all at once. They didnt even show a full view of how the track is layed out!!! I dont see where the mil went for the show cos they didnt need to buy the cars, maybe just rent and pay for sevices before and after each run and repairs. I dunno if it was my foxtel that buggered up but it was like they edited the time of the gtr when the english bloke mentioned it and i had to wait till i saw the time on the board. The english car magazine dude (clarkson) who was host is riduclus, ITS AN AUSSIE SHOW! he even used english sayings like "git", whats up with that and reminded me to much of dicko on aus idol. The daily telegraph cartoonist (james may) was ok but the porsche driver (hammond) was pathetic, he was to yobbo for me, a complete wanker. Il keep watching it just cos i can but wont be sad if i miss foxtel buggers up and doesnt record it for me like i am when it happened with the uk version.

Very poor SBS and i hope it gets better, not for your sake but for the sake of the 'top gear' brand.

If the japenese get a version of it, that would be the one to watch!!!! Lets Hope!!

I can not believe how bad that show was. It made me so embarrassed to be an Australian. The hosts were awful, and that main guy.... Oh my god... I can't believe after him reviewing the footage of himself he didn’t threaten to kill himself if they didn’t destroy it. I can not believe what a wanker he is.

They don't seem to know shit about cars, the "stig" can't drive, and the editing.... I cannot believe how bad and how fake it is! Do they think they can get away with it?!

Appalling...