SAU Community

R35 Gtr Runs Fastest Lap Of Cars Tested On Opening Top Gear Aus

Keeper

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it, had mixed feelings about it though. It was like they specifically wanted presenters whose personality matched those of the uk show....which we know is just not gonna happen.

All I wanted to see was some honest reviews of some expensive cars (and some crazy stuff thrown in, TG style) and all we got was 3 guys going on a 4wd trip, and a lame one at that. I think the episode was "ok" on the whole, but certainly not anywhere near as good as the uk one - which was as expected.

Next week we have holden v ford, and admittedly I would like to see which one comes out tops, but having to listen to them harp on about them might ruin it for me.

Straight up I thought the presenters are just clueless and trying to crack jokes and put on their best "tv" act. Whereas with the uk show you dont get that same feel that they're all just "acting".

Anyway, I'll probably watch the next one...but I also wont be too surprised if the show gets axed in a few episodes time. Its an amusing show, but definitely not "must-see" tv.

Getting back to the GTR (and staying away from comments re TopGear)...

So the GTR has been knocked off on week #2 by that Ford GT thing.

But they said the GTR was speed-limited to 180kph, where as the GT was hitting 240+ down the straight. How tricky is it to remove a speed limiter?

Surely haltech would have removed the limiter with their ECU upgrades? If not shame on them

Anywho, how the f**k do we take that show seriously when the 'stig' is snapping gears in the GTR with a stick. Absolute joke, I refuse to watch and still havnt, I dont want to give it ratings and cause australia any more embaressment

• They did not show you the track before setting times.
  • They had a REALLY weak set for the Commo V Falcon
  • They have nothing entertaining thus far.
  • Where the stupid driving around race tracks with in car footage showing me how bad the interior space is while winging about the pony weather?
  • Wheres the waiting for the shittiest weather possible to discredit the better cars or vice versa where the waiting for the shit weather to make the shit cars look better with an excuse?
  • Where are the vehicles we want to see?
  • wheres the dumb shit we want to see?
  • Wheres the overtly racist shit I love to see.
  • Wheres the banging on the Govt.
  • I got to sit in the Haltech R before they did .. :( Nothing like hawt asian chicks to make an entry available for white gits like me. :)

How can you show me times for a track and not show me the dammed overview of the track or a run through?

Why would you go out to bloody camden for filiming when there is SO MANY places between melbourne and camden nsw? Boys, give them the time to get good, TG had years to get good, Clarkson has decades of smiling at the camcorder in 80's leather makeing smartass rhetorical comments with that swagger and on emphasised manor we love to listen and laugh at.

"The kindest thing I can say is, it's not finnished yet". Ofcoarse that was because jeremy was a raging homo behind the wheel and couldnt hit lock before the tiny rear end came around on a perfectly good if a little twitchy rear wheel drive short wheel base. balancing on the throttle is a bit of a bish on a short wheel base with 650hp.

Eh and they had the cheek to say "What were Nissan thinking" about the 180km speed limiter when they obviously didn't do their home work to realise its GPS limited to race tracks in Japan. It would only be fare to do a time with a Aus release GTR. (fingers crossed IT doesn't have a 180km limiter)

I have read ppl being mego critical of the Stig driving. Personally i cant see what all the fuss is about, but i dont think its Bowe as the handwork on the wheel. In fact i will go out on a limg and say no way its John Bowe, he is from the wrong state :)

... I will add. I just saw the first two episodes. They enjoyed them...not cringe worthy at all.

I won't go that far, but they are getting better.

Now they need to do a real comparo with a GTR

• 6 months later...

Inside scoop -

The R35 is retested in an upcoming episode of Aus. Top Gear without the limiter. It manages second fastest with a 1:07.06, only 0.2 off the fastest lap holder, the Porsche GT2...