SAU Community

Porsche Claims Nissan Cheated On Nurburg

BANGN

http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/motoring...?referrer=email

jelous or what. I saw a couple weeks back they did a comparison lap around a race track in europe and the GTR was 10 seconds faster than the turbo porsche by about 10 seconds with the same driver..

they just have to face Nissan have spent good time into making a great performer and accept that a Nissan has outdone alot of makes. Even the mclaren.

Edited by BANGN

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they lied about the lap times then why does the GTR continue to spank the 911 turbo in all the Press run comparisons on other tracks? haha

If it was actually 25seconds slower than the turbo around the ring then it should be beaten on any other track also and this doesn't seem to be happening does it?

So yep sour grapes if you ask me. Maybe Porsche are trying to save a few sales from being lost to the GTR by putting a bit of doubt in the mind of potential customers?

Sour grapes.

Every comparison I have seen (Even Top Gear Australia last night) the GTR has out-done the Porsche. The funniest thing from last night's will be the claim that it was the Haltech GTR, so it was modified. Funny bit, even modified it would still be a cheaper can than the Porsche, just as reliable, and most importantly, it FLOGGED THE PORSCHE.

B.

If they lied about the lap times then why does the GTR continue to spank the 911 turbo in all the Press run comparisons on other tracks? haha

If it was actually 25seconds slower than the turbo around the ring then it should be beaten on any other track also and this doesn't seem to be happening does it?

So yep sour grapes if you ask me. Maybe Porsche are trying to save a few sales from being lost to the GTR by putting a bit of doubt in the mind of potential customers?

It was 25 sec's off Nissan's time, not the Turbo's time.

This is the same thing that occurred with the 33 GT-R when it ran around the ring. Is it true? Who knows...

Brian: That was a Carrera S, not a turbo. Not taking anything away from the GT-R, but let's not get carried away.

okay they say that they got a car from the US and kept it dead stock... so did they remove the 250km/h limiter from the USDM gtr? i have no idea about nurburgring but how much of a difference would the 250km/h limiter make compared to the 300km/h unlimited GTR?

also they say that nissan were using semi slicks, what R comps were available at the time when nissan set the 7:29? (serious question, not being sarcastic, but i was thinking that they just used re070's or dunlops as 20 inch r comps were rare...)

anyway it'll be interesting to see nissan's reply to this.

Tyres. Simple as that.

So your saying every GTR tested against the 911 has had the tyres changed to racing compounds? I don't think so, if they did that why wouldn't they also change the 911's tyres?

I think like Sandeep is right, its more likely that the GTR that porsche used still had the speed limiter on it as they couldn't get out of 3rd gear (as stated by Sewid) and thats why they couldn't match the time.

To be honest I don't think it matters anyway

Edited by Scottydoo

In the unlikely event that anyone from nissan japan (not nissan aust, you just suck) is reading this, go out and buy a 911 turbo take it to the track with an ex porsche race driver (or even better, current driver) and get him to do back to back laps with the 911 and the r35. Once the gtr has won, send a DVD including a close up of the tyres to avoid any bitching from porsche, of the full lap to porsche ag head office and send a copy to top gear england. Sorted.

Quite extraordinary, obviously Porsche are worried and trying to justify their way overpriced fried egg. Seriously though, Nissan should sue them claiming damages, arrogant krauts need to be taught a lesson.

So your saying every GTR tested against the 911 has had the tyres changed to racing compounds? I don't think so, if they did that why wouldn't they also change the 911's tyres?

I think like Sandeep is right, its more likely that the GTR that porsche used still had the speed limiter on it as they couldn't get out of 3rd gear (as stated by Sewid) and thats why they couldn't match the time.

To be honest I don't think it matters anyway

Dude you nailed it on the head. i didnt quite realise when i first read what Porsche said.

as they couldn't get out of 3rd gear

the top of third is speed limiter. noob porsche idiots...

LOL! Does anyone see the real problem here?

They had a porsche engineer driving a nissan and he couldnt drive it fast enough. They shouldve given the driving duties to someone who is good at their jobs. Clearly porsche engineers are a bit lacking at their jobs. If they werent, the 911 turbo would've won in all the major independant tests

In the unlikely event that anyone from nissan japan (not nissan aust, you just suck) is reading this, go out and buy a 911 turbo take it to the track with an ex porsche race driver (or even better, current driver) and get him to do back to back laps with the 911 and the r35. Once the gtr has won, send a DVD including a close up of the tyres to avoid any bitching from porsche, of the full lap to porsche ag head office and send a copy to top gear england. Sorted.

Even better meet VW at the track with Suzuki San and let him loose in the car they got 7:54 out of... and then if it misses the time pull it apart and see how many kilos of lead they stuffed into it...