SAU Community

Porsche Claims Nissan Cheated On Nurburg

BANGN

I have seen and yes even touched and looked inside the actual test mule that ran the times at the nurburgring. in honour of it's achievement nissan left it exactly as it was and brought it home to japan and let media crawl all over it at fuji. Now, I don't want to give the game away but it looked to me like it actually had an RB26 in there, hence the special times it ran at the 'ring.... teh 26 gave it it's super speeeed. aparently it was a stock 89 GTR motor too, but far superior to the new fangled VR. they said with the stock motor the plasma would shoot out of the exhaust at over 200km/h where as the RB26 enabled them to break the sound barrier on the long straights... sorry to let the cat out of the bag. :D

eek3_big.gif

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But hang on. Do we think Procshe is really going to come out and say something that cant be substantiated?

Put up or shut up Porsche, no substantiation at all yet, methinks they are concerned that their cars may seem just a bit over priced for what they can actually do. Compared with a cheap, fat, ugly Datto :)

I have seen and yes even touched and looked inside the actual test mule that ran the times at the nurburgring. in honour of it's achievement nissan left it exactly as it was and brought it home to japan and let media crawl all over it at fuji. Now, I don't want to give the game away but it looked to me like it actually had an RB26 in there, hence the special times it ran at the 'ring.... teh 26 gave it it's super speeeed. aparently it was a stock 89 GTR motor too, but far superior to the new fangled VR. they said with the stock motor the plasma would shoot out of the exhaust at over 200km/h where as the RB26 enabled them to break the sound barrier on the long straights... sorry to let the cat out of the bag. :/

Sorry but is this a joke or is this for real?????

One of the Nurburgring test cars now lives at Adenau's workshop in Japan. If you make the trek, you too can see, touch, lick and even hump it if you like.

There's very little mystery and it comes to a lot of GT-R club events in Japan.

People that are saying it is a non standard this or that really are just pulling it out their ass and I doubt Nissan would have sold it to a private workshop had it been a modified special super secret version.

http://www.adenau.co.jp/

me personally.. just "sayin" ... the only porsche i would ever own is the 1985 911 turbo - that's my favourite shape, and the 1987 rsr 911

those two porsche's are my favourites, i HATE the shape of the boxer and cayenne.. and the new new porsches look dated before they roll off the factory floor

and plus... WHY all the hate towards the japs by the germans!!?!?

back in the good old days, these two countries were GREAT friends!!! =P

I dont know why Porsche is crying foul, the 911 makes abit of money, but the real cream is in the VW based Cayenne suv. I supposed when your flag bearer get shot in the heart, it does takes your breath away, and Porsche would want to defend their flag bearer ifthey have to stoop to such errant comments. Remember the comment is from an engineer from Porsche and not Porsche themself.

Put up or shut up Porsche, no substantiation at all yet, methinks they are concerned that their cars may seem just a bit over priced for what they can actually do. Compared with a cheap, fat, ugly Datto :/

Put up or shut up Porsche, no substantiation at all yet, methinks they are concerned that their cars may seem just a bit over priced for what they can actually do. Compared with a cheap, fat, ugly Datto :/

LOL, but at least Porsche make money on the cars they sell. :P I have read that Nissan area actually losing money on the sale of R35 GTR and they hope that technology sharing with other models will help recover the costs of engineering the vehicle???? IF this is true then you cant complain too loudly about a manufacturer that actually wants to tuen a profit from its hero car :D

Lol @ thread, Nissan Bias towards claim on all Nissan/Skyline forums and Porsche Bias towards claim on all Porsche forums.

Nissan spent a lot of time with the one car and the one driver, he knew the road and knew the R35 inside and out. Of course someone with a lot of hours in the R35 will do a better time. Possibly if the Porsche driver spent just as long in the R35 things might have been different.

Maybe Porsche did make this up in aid of trying to reel back their customer base that just buy Porsche for the “badge” and will jump ship for the newest “toy” on the market.

Maybe Nissan’s time was made up in aid of capturing the customer base who just buy the newest and greatest..

Who knows?

It’s easy to pick out the people who clearly haven’t driven a 911/993/996/997 in this thread… Maybe you should experience the entire package of what a 911 can offer, just like the entire package a GTR offers.

You all seem to take Clarkson’s views on Porsche as gospel.

well I can't comment on whether there were other mods to the car, but there is no way it was running semi slicks unless they were one off's created by someone for the car.

there are no commerically available semis available in GTR sizes (20s). If there were there would be some mighty pissed off people with R35s running tarmac rallies because they are all running on standard road tyres.

me personally.. just "sayin" ... the only porsche i would ever own is the 1985 911 turbo - that's my favourite shape, and the 1987 rsr 911

those two porsche's are my favourites, i HATE the shape of the boxer and cayenne.. and the new new porsches look dated before they roll off the factory floor

and plus... WHY all the hate towards the japs by the germans!!?!?

back in the good old days, these two countries were GREAT friends!!! =P

There was no '87 RSR... I think you need to find yourself a new favourite model! :cool:

hey isn't it entirely possible that the jap-spec gtr that did the 7:38 & 7:29 DID in fact have different tyres than the US-spec gtr tested by porsche?

The jap-spec one had japanese manufactured tyres on it whereas the US-spec one would've had us-manufactured tyres.

So the difference could well be in the tyres...meaning that porsche simply chose a gtr from the wrong market to compare with.

All the same, there are so many independent tests of the porsche 911 vs the gtr (including the latest on aussie "Top Gear"'s first episode) and they all conclude the gtr is faster.

it smells of sour grapes to me. :)