SAU Community

The Offical Australian Launch For The R35 Will Be...

Snowman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tomorrow :down:

But I have a price for the Premium. $170,518 drive away.

The rest you can find out tomorrow.

But I wonder how much the last month has hurt the price? (Given we've lost around 25% on the yen)

Are you serious? How is it going to be in dealerships and advertised overnight?

And $170k sucks! I was stretching for 150k, 170 is going to set me back a few months :D

Sorry - media launch. There will be no physical launch other than what is at the motorshow.

They will be listing the 2 models, the specs for each (VERY similar - mainly cosmetic differences and the price is less than $5K between the 2), colors, prices as well as the 11 national dealers.

$170K drive away (so including all on road costs, LCT, GST, rego, green slip the whole lot) is pretty sharp price wise I reckon. should be very competetive at that price. though I would have thought with the current state of the AUD we'd be looking at closer to $200K on road.

tomorrow :D

But I have a price for the Premium. $170,518 drive away.

The rest you can find out tomorrow.

But I wonder how much the last month has hurt the price? (Given we've lost around 25% on the yen)

I've a mate who works for Nissan and was yesterday treated to the new GTR(in red) in the flesh rocking up to his work place!!!!

And he went for a f@ckin spin!!!

Will try and get the pics.....

Well I can't find it anywhere yet. LOL But I was told it was being published in the media somewhere today!?

Anyways since they aren't putting it up the other things I do know is the differences between the 2 models.

It's bugger all really (and the small price difference reflects that).

All cars are Jap Spec for the mechanics side (engine, brakes etc) etc

Standard gets Silver Rims, Dunlop Tyres, "basic" stereo and plain black leather seats.

Premimum gets Gun Metal Rims, Bridgestone Tyres, Bose Stereo and Black leather with red piping.

And I was told the drive away price for the Premium is $170,518.00 and the base is "about $4K cheaper"

And there's 11 national dealers and they are possibly only getting 15 cars each a year (not sure on the truth of that one though).

October 1 2008

Return Of A Legend: All Conquering Nissan GT-R On Sale Next April

Australia’s longest automotive wait is almost over.

The legendary Nissan that conquered Bathurst and the Nurburgring and the car so many Nissan fans have been anticipating, returns next April and will be available at a select group of 11 accredited “Nissan High Performance Centre” dealers.

The new Nissan GT-R supercar will be on show in Sydney for the first time when it takes centre stage at the 2008 Australian International Motor Show. Nissan will begin a pre-sell program and take orders from the first day of the show, October 9.

The GT-R will be available here in two grades – GT-R and GT-R Premium.

The GT-R is priced at $148,800 and the Premium grade model at $152,800.

There will be a choice of six colours, Super Silver, Vibrant Red, Gun Metallic, Black Obsidian, Titanium, and Ivory Pearl.

The supercar will feature true luxury performance equipment including a driver configurable Multi-Function Meter which can display lateral G-forces plus acceleration and braking performance among 11 data screens available.

Premium grade adds smoke/grey forged 20-inch aluminium wheels, Nitrogen-filled Bridgestone Potenza run-flat tyres, (over the standard model’s Dunlop SP Sport), a BOSE audio with 11 speakers and a 30 gigabyte hard drive; and front black leather sports seats with red Alcantara inserts.

The Nissan High Performance Centres, where the GT-R will be exclusively available, are spread strategically around the country to maximize service delivery.

They are located at:

NSW Campbelltown

Brookvale

VIC Ferntree Gully

Werribee

SA Nailsworth

WA Melville

Wangara

QLD Moorooka

Southport

Mackay

TAS Hobart

Each of the 11 dealers had to meet exacting standards including the allocation of dedicated GT-R sales and service staff: installing specific technical service monitors to communicate with the GT-R “black-box” data recorder and stocking nitrogen to maintain tyres.

World’s First Independent AWD System

The GT-R is powered by a hand-built twin-turbo VR38DETT 3.8-litre V6 engine delivering a mighty 353kW and 588Nm across a wide mid-range expanse from 3,200rpm to 5,200rpm.

It also introduces the world’s first independent rear transaxle all-wheel drive system.

The GR6 sequential six-speed has paddle shift control for the dual clutch rear transaxle, while drive to the wheels is via the electronically-controlled ATTESA E-TS all-wheel-drive system.

Brembo Sports brakes are fitted all round, with six pistons in the front callipers and four at the rear. There are full-floating drilled rotors clamped by low steel high stiffness brake pads.

A Bilstein DampTronic suspension control system gives three selectable settings: Circuit, Normal and Comfort.

The 20-inch front wheels are shod with 255/40ZF 20 tyres while the rears are fitted with 285/35ZF 20s, with all tyre pressures monitored electronically.

An advanced hybrid body construction melds steel, die-cast aluminium and carbon fibre for strength, lightness and durability. The GT-R has a super low coefficient of drag of 0.27, while achieving high front and rear downforce.

The production Nissan GT-R has already won its spurs on the track with GT-R chief test driver Tochio Suzuki cracking the seven minutes 30 seconds barrier at the famed Nurburgring track earlier this year.

The car he drove was a standard specification model, fitted with standard Japanese market tyres. Suzuki’s lap time beat his previous fastest time for the GT-R by an amazing nine seconds, recorded in damp conditions.

By achieving a sub seven minutes 30 second lap time, the GT-R has proved it is arguably the fastest mass-production car in the world. Nissan set out to build a multiperformance supercar accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere – and the GT-R delivered that promise.

Comprehensive Equipment

Specification is comprehensive, as is to be expected from a vehicle of this standing.

All models have a rear wing and carbon fibre rear diffuser, and a dark grey front grille.

The standard equipment list features leather-wrapped sports steering wheel, adjustable steering column, high-back driver’s sports seats, with six-way power adjustment for the driver and four-way power adjustment for passenger. Front seats are heated and there are aluminium interior trim accents.

An intelligent key system allows access to the car and integrates with the push-button for engine start and stop.

The Premium model adds black forged 20-inch aluminium wheels, Nitrogen-filled Bridgestone Potenza Run-Flat tyres, BOSE audio system and front black leather sports seats with red leather inserts.

Safety equipment includes ABS with EBD, dual front, side and curtain airbags, while the sports-oriented dynamic stability system, VDC-R, is adjustable through Circuit, Normal and Off settings, selectable by the driver to suit prevailing conditions.

Nissan Australia expects local sales of the GT-R to reach around 200 units in its first year. Nissan Australia Managing Director, Dan Thompson said, “We are proud and excited to see the GT-R back in Australian showrooms. It is a powerful tonic for the Nissan brand and underlines our outstanding record as an authentic sports car and performance car manufacturer.”

From the Dealer Principle that my order is with here in Perth.

Letter to be sent out in the mail today for persons with Tenative OTP to come in and sign Released OTP with final pricing as well as deposit.

I am #5 on the list, and my sled will be ready in Sept '09

Steps outlined to me today on the phone,

Siging on OTP

Deposit.

Build number assigned to you.

Specs to be discussed with you (Full range of colour, and model: Black Edition or Premimum)

Full tracking of vehicle whilst in production.

250 vehicles a year in Australia 10% of which to WA.

One vehicle by law is to remain on dealer premises as future customers have to be able to see vehicle.

So owner can only take delivery of their vehicle once the next vehicle hits the showroom... if you catch my wording here.....

No one is allowed to drive your car whilst at the dealership..

This will system will relax once the dealer principles vehicle arrives.

Cost will be as I posted above, Snowy is correct with the price difference of $4000.00 between the two as well as the tyres to the respective models.

Nissan expects 99% of cars to be the premimum models.

Sat Nav will be retro fitted at the beginning of 2010.

Here are some the points I found interesting:

Car's come with full Jap Spec setup.... You can leave them as is (Aggressive Syspension Setup)

or for no fee you can have the vehicles suspension realigned to ease the wear rate on the rubber.

All drive line components will be covered by Nissan even on the track, However the Black Box onboard will be checked to see of owner abuse. IE: using launch control 12 Times in a day is a bit much..... Common sense rule here I guess.

Black box read out will also be shown to owners on request once vehicle has been in for a service to see how the techincian drove the car whilst in the dealers possesion.

3 inspections free on purchase and then servicing every 6 months or 10K cost is looking at 700 a service.

Waiver to be signed when you sign OTP about recourse on the purchaser in regards to the quirks of the car...

Squealing brakes

Noises from suspension

Noises from the clutch at idle etc

Nissan Aust is understanding of what this car is (Read track weapon with plates)

3 year warranty / 100 K's

Also

Nissan will not service or sell parts to you if you own a grey import.

All parts requested will have to have a vehicles VIN attached with the request.

That is all for now.

If you have any questions I will try and answer as best as I can... I am not a guru, just relaying what I was told on the phone this morning!

Mike

Black box read out will also be shown to owners on request once vehicle has been in for a service to see how the techincian drove the car whilst in the dealers possesion.

Thank god for that

I hate leaving cars in someone elses care